What is Dive Computer?
Diving is a very extreme activity. Therefore, diving should not be done haphazardly. Diving is a sport that survives in water for a long time. Before diving, you need to prepare a variety of tools needed first. Dive equipment that you must prepare very much like masks, regulator sets, BCD (Buoyancy Control Device), dive computers, and scuba tanks. Each tool has a different function. This article will discuss one of the functions of diving equipment, namely, dive computer.
Definition of Dive Computer
Dive computers are one of the most important diving equipment that you must have and prepare before diving. The dive computer is a diving device that serves to show air pressure and air temperature in water. In addition, the die computer also functions to measure the depth of the water when you are diving. This is very important for your security and safety because the dive computer can prevent bad risks when diving. Dive computers will prevent you from the risk of decompression illness. The dive computer is indeed one of the very expensive diving equipment, but behind the high price of dive computer also has uses that are very important for your diving activities.
The Function of Dive Computer
Dive computers have many functions for divers and here are the functions of the dive computer:
- Dive computers are used to calculate Non-Decompression-Limit which serves to provide information about the depth of water and how long it is safe to dive.
- Dive computer functions to calculate the remaining nitrogen in your body.
- Not only functions when diving, but dive computer also functions when you have finished diving. The dive computer will calculate no flight interval and determine the time allowed for your flight after diving.
- Calculate the pressure and temperature of the air in water based on nitrox. Not only that, but the dive computer will also count the gases or other combinations.
- The dive computer also functions as a depth-alarm. This tool will sound automatically when you have dived to the maximum depth that was previously set. In addition, the dive computer also functions as a diving-alarm that will remind the maximum time limit as set.
For beginners, dive computers are a must-have tool. Besides its function, you also need to know how to use a dive computer properly before you dive. Divers must meet the international safety standards of using a dive computer by studying the dive table properly and understanding the science behind the table. Diving is not always about your abilities, but your safety and security also need attention.
- A single button Dive Computer makes it effortless to set Air, Nitrox and Gauge modes. Ideal for beginners in Scuba Diving. It is easy to use and easy to read all the information due to the high-definition screen that gives large numerical displays.
- FO2 adjustable between 21% and 50%. PO2 adjustable between 1.2 bar and 1.6 bar. CNS oxygen toxicity graphic indicator.Three levels of user adjustable conservatism. Visual and distinct, easy-to-hear audible alarms.
- User-selectable deep stop function. Adjustable unit of measure: imperial or metric. Battery life indicator. User changeable battery. Battery model: CR2430.
- The interface (not included) uses IR to connect to the diving computer and a USB cable for PC connection. Software compatible with all versions of Windows and with Mac.
- The Leonardo dive computer is made in Italy by Cressi, a brand pioneer in Scuba Diving, Snorkeling, and Freediving equipment since 1946.
- Powered by Oceanic's Exclusive Dual Algorithm - Your choice between Pelagic DSAT (Spencer/Powell data basis) or Pelagic Z+ (Buhlmann ZHL-16C data basis)
- 4 Operating Modes: WATCH (Alternate Time, Chrono, Daily Alarm, Countdown Timer), NORM (Air and Nitrox), GAUGE (with run timer) and FREE (tracks calculations to allow switching between NORM and Free)
- User-Friendly Interface with "Step Back" – allows forward and backward navigation through menus and settings - Switch between up to 2 Nitrox mixes to 100% O2 with no restriction (Gas 1 may be up to 100%, and may be less or greater than Gas 2)
- Stop times 3 minutes - displays minutes & seconds - Deep Stop with Countdown Timer – Maybe turned on or off. 2 minute countdown at half your max depth, for dives greater than 80 ft / 25m
- Single button access to "Last Dive" display (max depth & bottom time) - Data Retention - maintains calculations indefinitely when the battery is changed - Audible Alarm with flashing LED light - History Mode includes total number of dives, max depth, total dive hours, and lowest temp
- 100m Water Resistant
- Wireless Tank Pressure
- Vibration Alarms
- Digital Compass
- Wireless Mobile Connection
- Full-Color TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) 2.2in/5.6cm LCD display screen (320x240p) produces vibrant colors for maximum readability to quickly direct your attention to what you need to know. (TFT screens use less energy. More efficient than other screen types to help extend battery life.)
- Choice of screen display configurations lets you customize your data presentation with Light, Classic, Full or Graphical screen options to suit your individual diving style.
- Predictive Multi-Gas ZHL-16 ADT MB algorithm programs up to 8 nitrox/trimix mixes to handle any recreational or technical diving scenario.
- Multiple Diving Modes - Air, Nitrox, 3 Gas Nitrox, Gauge.
- 2.2" LED LCD display with vivid, enhanced colour range and saturation.
- Uses Bühlmann ZHL-16C with gradient factors. Shearwater dive computers never lockout for dive plan deviations.
- Two-button interface: simple to navigate, state-aware menu structure. 316 stainless steel buttons.
- Wireless Charging: battery life per charge is up to about 30 hours on medium brightness level. USB wireless charging station is included.
- Fits all Sherwood 1.75 Puck Style Computers
- Fits all Genesis 1.75 Puck Style Computers
- Fits all Oceanic 1.75 Puck Style Computers
- Fits all Aqua Lung 1.75 Puck Style Computers
- Full-Color TFT (Thin-Film Transistor) 2.2in/5.6cm Dot matrix display screen (320x240p).
- Padded Carry Case Included
- More efficient than other screen types to help extend battery life.
- Produces vibrant colors for maximum readability to quickly direct your attention to what you need to know.
- Heart rate monitor NOT included
- Slim design for a perfect fit Large display for superior readability Intuitive user interface
- 4 operating modes. Air, Nitrox, Gauge (with run timer), and Free Dive (tracks calculations to allow unrestricted switching between Dive and Free)
- User-changeable standard battery and data retention. Uses globally available standard batteries found at supermarkets and drugstores. Maintains settings and calculations between battery changes
- High visibility LED alarm light. For additional diving safety
- Switch between up to 2 Nitrox mixes. Mixes up to 100% O2 with no restriction
- Operating modes: air, nitrox, gauge and freedom modes
- Programmable for 21% to 50% oxygen mixtures
- Imperial or metric programmable, decompression stop data, audible alarms
- Back Lite display, easy to read in low light & night conditions
- Maximum depth display: 330' (100 meters)
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.