What is Dive Computer?
Diving is a very extreme activity. Therefore, diving should not be done haphazardly. Diving is a sport that survives in water for a long time. Before diving, you need to prepare a variety of tools needed first. Dive equipment that you must prepare very much like masks, regulator sets, BCD (Buoyancy Control Device), dive computers, and scuba tanks. Each tool has a different function. This article will discuss one of the functions of diving equipment, namely, dive computer.
Definition of Dive Computer
Dive computers are one of the most important diving equipment that you must have and prepare before diving. The dive computer is a diving device that serves to show air pressure and air temperature in water. In addition, the die computer also functions to measure the depth of the water when you are diving. This is very important for your security and safety because the dive computer can prevent bad risks when diving. Dive computers will prevent you from the risk of decompression illness. The dive computer is indeed one of the very expensive diving equipment, but behind the high price of dive computer also has uses that are very important for your diving activities.
The Function of Dive Computer
Dive computers have many functions for divers and here are the functions of the dive computer:
- Dive computers are used to calculate Non-Decompression-Limit which serves to provide information about the depth of water and how long it is safe to dive.
- Dive computer functions to calculate the remaining nitrogen in your body.
- Not only functions when diving, but dive computer also functions when you have finished diving. The dive computer will calculate no flight interval and determine the time allowed for your flight after diving.
- Calculate the pressure and temperature of the air in water based on nitrox. Not only that, but the dive computer will also count the gases or other combinations.
- The dive computer also functions as a depth-alarm. This tool will sound automatically when you have dived to the maximum depth that was previously set. In addition, the dive computer also functions as a diving-alarm that will remind the maximum time limit as set.
For beginners, dive computers are a must-have tool. Besides its function, you also need to know how to use a dive computer properly before you dive. Divers must meet the international safety standards of using a dive computer by studying the dive table properly and understanding the science behind the table. Diving is not always about your abilities, but your safety and security also need attention.
- Super Intuitive, Easy-to-Use, Full-Featured RGBM Nitrox Computer, Larger-Display in Slimmer-Design, Upgradeable Firmware & Multi-Gas Capability.
- Precision Stopwatch, Special Function Modes Air, Nitrox & Bottom Time, , Durable Metal Button, Upgraded Interface, Precautionary Programs Setting, Ascent Rate Indicator and Ascent Rate Digital Indicator.
- Plan Mode, Backlighting, Log Book, 3-Level Salinity, Fresh Water Setting, Sea Water Setting, Aquarium Salinity Setting, Residual Nitrogen Memory Reset, Quartz Clock Movement.
- User-Replaceable CR 2450 Lithium-Ion Battery, Fully Altitude Adjustable to 12,100' (3,700m) Memory Capacity 36 Hours, Superior Display Readability, Mineral Glass Crystal.
- 492' (150m) Depth Rating, Power Indicators, Audible Alarms, Watch, Date and Temperature Displays, 12/24 Hour Formats, Two-Different Gas Mixtures During-Single-Dive, Metric or Imperial Units of Measure.
- Powered by Oceanic's Exclusive Dual Algorithm - Your choice between Pelagic DSAT (Spencer/Powell data basis) or Pelagic Z+ (Buhlmann ZHL-16C data basis)
- 4 Operating Modes: WATCH (Alternate Time, Chrono, Daily Alarm, Countdown Timer), NORM (Air and Nitrox), GAUGE (with run timer) and FREE (tracks calculations to allow switching between NORM and Free)
- User-Friendly Interface with "Step Back" – allows forward and backward navigation through menus and settings - Switch between up to 2 Nitrox mixes to 100% O2 with no restriction (Gas 1 may be up to 100%, and may be less or greater than Gas 2)
- Stop times 3 minutes - displays minutes & seconds - Deep Stop with Countdown Timer – Maybe turned on or off. 2 minute countdown at half your max depth, for dives greater than 80 ft / 25m
- Single button access to "Last Dive" display (max depth & bottom time) - Data Retention - maintains calculations indefinitely when the battery is changed - Audible Alarm with flashing LED light - History Mode includes total number of dives, max depth, total dive hours, and lowest temp
- Air, nitrox, gauge and freedive modes
- Big clear display with backlight
- Made in Finland
- The 3 buttons dive computer provides all the necessary information in regards to depth, dive times, possible need of decompression, ascent rate and all the surface intervals between dives.
- Dive program: full processing of dive data, including decompression if applicable, for every dive performed with air or nitrox.
- Full setting of FO2 parameters (oxygen percentage) and PO2 (oxygen partial pressure) with the option to set PO2 between 1.2 bar and 1.6 bar, and FO2 from 21% and 99%.
- Log book (70 hr or 60 dives) complete with dive profile. Possible to download the data on the PC with the Cressi interface (not included). Deep stop can be turned on or off. Visual and auditory alarms. Built-in calendar and clock. Backlit display.
- The Giotto computer is developed and manufactured in Italy by Cressi, a brand pioneer in scuba diving, snorkeling and swimming equipment since 1946.
- Air Integrated Wrist Computer
- Complete with Mares LED Transmitter
- Great Wrist Computer for Any Level of Diving
- Customizable Audio Alarms
- Simplistic Interface Design
- Slim design for a perfect fit Large display for superior readability Intuitive user interface
- Stopwatch and countdown function
- Records your freediving session up to 99 dives
- It works with a standard CR2032 battery and is 100 mt water resistant
- Backlit display
- Wirelessly interact with your i300C via the latest Bluetooth Smart technology using your mobile device, the free DiverLog+ app (available for iOS and Android)
- 4 operating modes. Air, Nitrox, Gauge (with run timer) and Free Dive (tracks calculations to allow switching between DIVE and Free)
- User-changeable battery and data retention. Maintains settings and calculations between battery changes
- 3 Gas computer. Able to switch up to three gases underwater
- Backlighting. For easy reading in low light
- Super Sharp and Clear Display
- Perfect Ergonomics and User-friendliness and Gas switching
- Mineral Glass Display
- Segment Display
- Software upgrade ability
- Two customizable fields for ancillary information
- Four buttons for intuitive user interface
- Mirrored button function during dive
- Runaway deco alarm
- Multi-gas capable
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.