What is Dive Computer?
Diving is a very extreme activity. Therefore, diving should not be done haphazardly. Diving is a sport that survives in water for a long time. Before diving, you need to prepare a variety of tools needed first. Dive equipment that you must prepare very much like masks, regulator sets, BCD (Buoyancy Control Device), dive computers, and scuba tanks. Each tool has a different function. This article will discuss one of the functions of diving equipment, namely, dive computer.
Definition of Dive Computer
Dive computers are one of the most important diving equipment that you must have and prepare before diving. The dive computer is a diving device that serves to show air pressure and air temperature in water. In addition, the die computer also functions to measure the depth of the water when you are diving. This is very important for your security and safety because the dive computer can prevent bad risks when diving. Dive computers will prevent you from the risk of decompression illness. The dive computer is indeed one of the very expensive diving equipment, but behind the high price of dive computer also has uses that are very important for your diving activities.
The Function of Dive Computer
Dive computers have many functions for divers and here are the functions of the dive computer:
- Dive computers are used to calculate Non-Decompression-Limit which serves to provide information about the depth of water and how long it is safe to dive.
- Dive computer functions to calculate the remaining nitrogen in your body.
- Not only functions when diving, but dive computer also functions when you have finished diving. The dive computer will calculate no flight interval and determine the time allowed for your flight after diving.
- Calculate the pressure and temperature of the air in water based on nitrox. Not only that, but the dive computer will also count the gases or other combinations.
- The dive computer also functions as a depth-alarm. This tool will sound automatically when you have dived to the maximum depth that was previously set. In addition, the dive computer also functions as a diving-alarm that will remind the maximum time limit as set.
For beginners, dive computers are a must-have tool. Besides its function, you also need to know how to use a dive computer properly before you dive. Divers must meet the international safety standards of using a dive computer by studying the dive table properly and understanding the science behind the table. Diving is not always about your abilities, but your safety and security also need attention.
- Dive Log: 36 hours/50 dives
- Nitrox Programmable (21-50%)
- Ascent rate indicator
- Full Function Air/Nitrox Dive Computer
- Diver-replaceable batteries
- New nitrox function: three-different gas mixtures during single dive
- Wide, high-contrast display with a 170 degree Viewing angle, data displayed in large-size characters
- 4 buttons easy access simple to use, upgradeable software, hypoallergenic rubber strap, algorithm: mares-wince rgbm
- Deep stops and safety stop functions, back lighting, user replaceable batteries, mineral glass lens, altitude adjustable, log book function
- Air, nitrox and bt function modes, precautionary programmable, 492' depth Rating, power indicators, audible alarms, calendar and temperature displays
- Wirelessly interact with your i300C via the latest Bluetooth Smart technology using your mobile device, the free DiverLog+ app (available for iOS and Android)
- 4 operating modes. Air, Nitrox, Gauge (with run timer) and Free Dive (tracks calculations to allow switching between DIVE and Free)
- User-changeable battery and data retention. Maintains settings and calculations between battery changes
- 3 Gas computer. Able to switch up to three gases underwater
- Backlighting. For easy reading in low light
- A single button Dive Computer makes effortless to set Air, Nitrox and Gauge modes. Ideal for beginners in Scuba Diving. It is easy to use, easy to read all the information due to the high-definition screen that gives large numerical displays.
- FO2 adjustable between 21% and 50%. PO2 adjustable between 1.2 bar and 1.6 bar. CNS oxygen toxicity graphic indicator.
- Three levels of user adjustable conservatism. Visual and distinct, easy-to-hear audible alarms.
- User-selectable deep stop function. Adjustable unit of measure: imperial or metric.
- Battery life indicator. User changeable battery. Battery model: CR2430.
- The interface (not included) uses IR to connect to the diving computer and a USB cable for PC connection. Software compatible with all versions of Windows and with Mac.
- The Leonardo dive computer is made in Italy by Cressi, a brand pioneer in Scuba Diving, Snorkeling and Freediving equipment.
- The 3 buttons dive computer provides all the necessary information in regards to depth, dive times, possible need of decompression, ascent rate and all the surface intervals between dives.
- Dive program: full processing of dive data, including decompression if applicable, for every dive performed with air or nitrox.
- Full setting of FO2 parameters (oxygen percentage) and PO2 (oxygen partial pressure) with the option to set PO2 between 1.2 bar and 1.6 bar, and FO2 from 21% and 99%.
- Log book (70 hr or 60 dives) complete with dive profile. Possible to download the data on the PC with the Cressi interface (not included). Deep stop can be turned on or off. Visual and auditory alarms. Built-in calendar and clock. Backlit display.
- The Giotto computer is developed and manufactured in Italy by Cressi, a brand pioneer in scuba diving, snorkeling and swimming equipment since 1946.
- Operating modes: air, nitrox, gauge and freedom modes
- Programmable for 21% to 50% oxygen mixtures
- Imperial or metric programmable, decompression stop data, audible alarms
- Back Lite display, easy to read in low light & night conditions
- Maximum depth display: 330' (100 meters)
- Customize Now Aqua Lung i100 Available ADD ONs: Download Cable, Wrist Compass, Extra Battery
- 4 Dive Modes Air, Nitrox (2 Gasses up to 100% O2), Gauge, Free Dive
- User Changeable Battery (you wont lose your data during the battery change of you i100 Dive Computer)
- Super intuitive one button scuba computer software navigation
- In the BOX: Dive Computer Quick Reference Card, Lens Protector, Battery Compartment Opening Tool
- 4 operating modes: Air, Nitrox, Gauge (with run timer), and Free Dive (tracks calculations to allow switching between DIVE and Free on the same day)
- User changeable battery and data retention. Maintains settings and calculations between battery changes
- Backlighting. For easy reading in low light
- Audible alarms and additional high-visibility LED warning light for additional safety
- User-updatable software gives access to the latest features and upgrade (must purchase optional download cable)
- Nitrox Trimix decompression dive computer in wrist-watch form factor
- B�Ã�¼hlmann ZHL-16c algorithm with configurable Gradient Factors
- Supports optional wireless tank pressure transmitters
- Switchable audible and vibration alerts
- Supports Open-Circuit, Fixed PO2, Gauge, and Freediving Modes
- 100m Water Resistant
- Wireless Tank Pressure
- Vibration Alarms
- Digital Compass
- Wireless Mobile Connection