Faster Way With Stand Up Pedal Boards
Stand up pedal boards are the new exciting to try for you. If you have ever had a chance to do the paddle boarding, you might have got used to know how to ride the paddle. The traditional ones are the ones you have to sit when the wave coming. But, the stand up pedal boards let you experience more on the sensation of standing on the pedal through the water.
The Story Behind
For those who never rides a pedal board, it was commonly known that it was originally from Hawaii. However, some said that it went back then found in Africa used to practice for standing on the canoes. Then, a Hawaiian surfer came and made some contemporary style using pedal board and it was around the 16th century at that time.
Gradually this trend continued and arrived in Tel Aviv. It was around the 20th century where the lifeguards used it mostly. Their purpose was to be able see clearer view of the swimmers in such farther place around the sea. And it came to another and another people who thought it was cool and useful to ride the pedal board, either for personal desire or broader public needs. And the more popular it is, the more stand up pedal boards are needed. It helps more to be stable when you are riding it. And this kind of pedal boards now are a way more popular because there have been lots of world competition been held since 1990s.
A glance about the Design & Materials
For you who are new or already know this pedal, it is absolutely a must to know how good and trusted materials used for making the best pedal. For the average to high quality pedal, most of them use polyester, a kind of plastic or glass reinforced. The material sometimes is from epoxy resin also which well – matched with expanded polystyrene or polyurethane foam which use inside or in the core. Beside those materials, sometimes you might see a pedal made from a hollow balk construction. And for the riverine pedal type, it will use some different polymers and fabrics to bear the abuse or breaking the board.
Following the need of the users, the stand up type of it is asked numerous times to help someone who wants to propel or raft down the stream on the board. Generally, it consists of a shaft, a blade and handle.
For the paddles, you can think it is similar to the traditional canoe pedals but it is longer. The pedals we are talking about is constructed from:
- Wood with specific flat blade on 1 end connects to the handle & using a long smooth shaft on other hand
- Fiberglass (a substitute of the wood)
It is designed with a round or an oval shaft.some of the blades can be designed differently with its specific features and shapes. But if you ask about the general one, the blade normally use a banana shape peel style with sometimes using a light keel at the back. So basically, different designs can be for particular purposes or conditions such as for flat lake water, ocean water, long or short distance.
How to Use
A common and simpler way to describe how to use this stand up pedal boards is by these steps:
- Hold the pedal with 2 hands
- Keep it mind to use wide grip concept rather than hands close
- The body and the blade are tilted away
- If you want to ride quicker, you can use the push pulled method that offers you to paddle gently to around the water and lift back out from the water.
Top 10 Best Stand Up Pedal Boards
- WIDE SUP DESIGN – The Serene Life stand up paddling board is 10’ long and provides 30” of deck width for improved stability and balance while standing
- SUPERIOR MANEUVERABILITY – The triple bottom panel fins help board improve overall speed, handling and steering for easier use by kids, teens and adults alike
- NON-SLIP SOFT TOP DECK – Great for beginners, our paddleboard is made for early learning and for less accidents or injuries should you fall—happens to us all!
- INFLATABLE & PORTABLE – Take your paddleboard with you wherever you go! It quickly inflates or deflates for easy storage, making it ideal for the lake, river or ocean.
- COMPLETE PADDLEBOARD KIT – Every SereneLife Paddle Board also comes with paddling essentials, including a coiled ankle cuff safety leash, oar Pedal, manual air pump, patch repair accessory kit, and convenient storage bag!
- ENJOY AN EASY & ECONOMIC WATER SPORT: This up-and-coming outdoor activity is loved by first-time participants, athletes, and more because of its versatility for physical activity and lesiure.
- DESIGNED FOR ALL SKILL LEVELS: Measuring in at 9' X 30" X 6, " the wide base provides stability and balance for all kids, adults, beginners, and experts under 220lbs. An inflatable SUP is more stable, portable, and affordable compared to a hard board.
- SMOOTH, STABLE RIDE: High maneuverability and lightness make this ISUP ideal for adventures in the ocean, lake, or rivers with flat water and small wave conditions. The rider can even kneel on the board for added comfort & stability.
- A STEP ABOVE TRADITIONAL SUPS: Our Hydro-Force paddle boards are made with extremely resistant TriTech and Drop Stitch materials. Thicker and more stable than traditional boards, they are also more convenient due to quick inflation and deflation.
- BE A CONFIDENT RIDER: The top deck is a soft, cushioned non-slip traction pad to boost the rider's balance and grip. This is a safety feature to decrease the amount of falls the user experiences.
- EASY TRANSPORT & STORAGE: A convenient deck handle makes it easy to carry the SUP to the beach or lake. After deflation, the paddle board folds into a travel-friendly bag that can be compactly stored in the car for all your excursions.
- COMPLETE SUP STARTER KIT: Get on the water in minutes with everything you need! Contents of this set include 1 SUP, bungee cord tie-downs, 1 adjustable aluminum paddle, 1 hand pump, 1 travel bag, 1 surf leash, 3 steering fins, and a repair kit/patch.
- INFLATABLE AND PORTABLE: The portable paddle-board quickly inflates and deflates in no time and can be rolled up for easy storage and travel which is a great option for camping trips, boating, and for riders w/ limited transport/storage space
- EASY STEERING AND MANEUVER: This free flow paddleboard SUP features (3) bottom panel fins for speed, hassle-free steering, and maneuverability for an exceptional surf control so you can glide and skim the water like a sea creature
- WATER READY: Made w/ drop stitch, reinforced engineered plc. construction which is marine grade waterproof and corrosion-resistant. The board can provide excellent glide for fishing, cruising, exploring and surfing
- PERFECT FOR ALL AGES: This stand up water paddle-board features a wide stable universal board design which provides stability/balance for kids, teens, & adults. Can be safely used on lake, ocean, pool, pond, river, bayou, or beach
- COMPLETE ACCESSORIES: Water-ready and comes w/ everything needed including single person one piece inflatable platform base, oar paddles, air pump, coiled ankle cuff safety leash/straps, patch repair kit, inflatable stand up paddle board bag
- Can fit for 4 normal size guitar effect pedals.
- Portable Aluminium Alloy Guitar Effects Pedal Board.
- The padal board suits any volumes of power supply.
- Pedalboard Size : 40cm x 13.5cm x 2.5 cm.
- Bag Size : 46cm x 19cm x 9cm.
- Length: 12' / 3.66 m
- Width: 36" / 0.92 m
- Fitted Hull Weight: 46 lbs / 20.87 kg
- Fully Rigged Weight: 57 lbs / 25.85 kg
- Two modeled side fins and one removable middle fin for directional stability
- Drop stitch material provides unparalleled strength and durability
- Anti-slip traction pad
- Measures: 122" x 27" x 4"
- Comes with inflation pump, aluminum oar, pressure gauge and travel bag
- Padded Carry Bag for Hobie Mirage Eclipse and Steering Handle
- Comes with Shoulder Strap
- Slots at Bottom for Rudder Access and Cart Hole Access
- Measures 9'9", 5" thick. Portable and easy to store.
- Great for wide range of water and use conditions.
- Amazing Durability - PVC material and strong multi-layer drop stitch.
- Large deck pad, bungee for securing on-board cargo, and D-ring to attach a leash.
- Includes: Adjustable aluminum paddle, pump, detachable center fin, carry bag (with shoulder straps), and valve wrench.
- ALL AGES - Versatile all-rounder inflatable stand up paddle board with incredible stability for all beginners and families
- ALL WATERS - Suitable for use in lakes, rivers, canals & choppier seas , use for touring, yoga, surfing and racing, with a more pointed shape, perfect for cutting into waves
- CONVENIENT & COMPACT - Paddleboard assembles easily in just under 10 minutes, Just inflate to 15Psi for a super rigid board.
- GREAT VALUE - Superb quality at an unbeatable price
- COMPLETE - No need for any extras, this set has all you need to get the SUP Bug !
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.