Faster Way With Stand Up Pedal Boards
Stand up pedal boards are the new exciting to try for you. If you have ever had a chance to do the paddle boarding, you might have got used to know how to ride the paddle. The traditional ones are the ones you have to sit when the wave coming. But, the stand up pedal boards let you experience more on the sensation of standing on the pedal through the water.
The Story Behind
For those who never rides a pedal board, it was commonly known that it was originally from Hawaii. However, some said that it went back then found in Africa used to practice for standing on the canoes. Then, a Hawaiian surfer came and made some contemporary style using pedal board and it was around the 16th century at that time.
Gradually this trend continued and arrived in Tel Aviv. It was around the 20th century where the lifeguards used it mostly. Their purpose was to be able see clearer view of the swimmers in such farther place around the sea. And it came to another and another people who thought it was cool and useful to ride the pedal board, either for personal desire or broader public needs. And the more popular it is, the more stand up pedal boards are needed. It helps more to be stable when you are riding it. And this kind of pedal boards now are a way more popular because there have been lots of world competition been held since 1990s.
A glance about the Design & Materials
For you who are new or already know this pedal, it is absolutely a must to know how good and trusted materials used for making the best pedal. For the average to high quality pedal, most of them use polyester, a kind of plastic or glass reinforced. The material sometimes is from epoxy resin also which well – matched with expanded polystyrene or polyurethane foam which use inside or in the core. Beside those materials, sometimes you might see a pedal made from a hollow balk construction. And for the riverine pedal type, it will use some different polymers and fabrics to bear the abuse or breaking the board.
Following the need of the users, the stand up type of it is asked numerous times to help someone who wants to propel or raft down the stream on the board. Generally, it consists of a shaft, a blade and handle.
For the paddles, you can think it is similar to the traditional canoe pedals but it is longer. The pedals we are talking about is constructed from:
- Wood with specific flat blade on 1 end connects to the handle & using a long smooth shaft on other hand
- Fiberglass (a substitute of the wood)
It is designed with a round or an oval shaft.some of the blades can be designed differently with its specific features and shapes. But if you ask about the general one, the blade normally use a banana shape peel style with sometimes using a light keel at the back. So basically, different designs can be for particular purposes or conditions such as for flat lake water, ocean water, long or short distance.
How to Use
A common and simpler way to describe how to use this stand up pedal boards is by these steps:
- Hold the pedal with 2 hands
- Keep it mind to use wide grip concept rather than hands close
- The body and the blade are tilted away
- If you want to ride quicker, you can use the push pulled method that offers you to paddle gently to around the water and lift back out from the water.
Top 10 Best Stand Up Pedal Boards
- Intuitive, Stable, Mirage Powered SUP
- Gear Tie Downs
- Kick Up Rudder
- Handlebar Controlled Steering
- MirageDrive and Handlebar Are Removable for Paddling
- NEW ULTRA LIGHT CONSTRUCTION DUAL LAYER PVC Inflated 11' long 33" wide 6" thick, weight 17.6 lbs, maximum capacity is up to 330 lbs, stable and for all skill levels and conditions.
- ULTRA DURABLE Constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the board durability.
- SAFETY AND CONVENIENCE 33'' board width and 3 removable fins construction achieved amazing balance ability.
- PACKAGE INCLUDING Board, adjustable aluminum paddle, high pressure pump, travel backpack, coil leash, repair kit, 10 L waterproof dry bag, and 3 removable fins.
- 60 DAY GUARANTEE and 1 YEAR ON MATERIALS Risk returns within 30 days.
- Intuitive, stable, Mirage-powered paddleboard
- Gear tie-downs, kick-up, rudder, and easily adjustable controls make this the perfect board for beginners and experienced paddleboarders
- Steering controls on the handlebar make turning easy
- Mirage drive and handlebar can be removed so the board can be paddled
- Can be used as an SUP or kayak, Sleek, lightweight and fast
- Extremely rigid and strong - Weight limit of up to 209 lbs. on the water
- Durable 3 ply reinforced polyester mesh-core encased in two layers of laminated PVC and drop-stitch construction
- Kit Includes: Aluminum oar, travel bag, pump, gauge and kayak seat with back rest
- Dimensions: 120" x 32" x 4"
- NEW ULTRA LIGHT CONSTRUCTION DUAL LAYER PVC – 35% lighter than comparable models. Inflated 10’6" long 33" wide 6" thick, weight 17.6 lbs, maximum capacity is up to 300 lbs, stable and great for all skill levels and conditions.
- ULTRA DURABLE - constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the board durability.
- SAFETY & CONVENICE - 33'' board width and 3 removable fins construction achieved amazing balance ability.
- PACKAGE INCLUDING - board, adjustable aluminum paddle, high pressure pump, travel backpack, coil leash,waterproof bag, and 3 removable fins.
- 60 DAY GUARANTEE + 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON MATERIALS - Risk free returns within 30 days.
- Upgraded wide SUP design for better balance: measuring 10’6 feet long & 32 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze
- Soft, stable & anti slip top deck: perfect for beginners, We've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no slip Soft top that cushions your fall when slips or accidents occur. They happen to the best of us, so might as well be prepared
- Best paddling manoeuvrability: outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling The stand up inflatable paddle boards is incredibly easy offering exceptional surf control, you'll be gliding & skimming the water like a sea creature
- PORTABLE & INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100 percent travel friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore
- All in 1 blow up Paddle board kit: complete with all must have Paddle board Accessories, Our SUP Paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves includes 10'6 board, Coiled ankle cuff Safety leash, upgraded aluminium paddle, patch repair accessory kit,
- The inflatable Paddleboard is made of high quality drop stitch fabric. Although rigid and stable in the water, it can be folded up for easy travelling,deflated and placed into a backpack.
- Hi pressure Double Wall Drop stitch material(Max 1 bar or 14.5Psi). Non-Slip EVA foam.2 inflated sizes: 10'6'' x 32" x 6" and 11'2'' x 33" x 6" ,The supported weight up to 300 Ibs,Weight:19.8 Ibs
- Pump with gauge.Once you arrive at your destination,you can quickly inflate your board with the pump and get in the water in no time. With 3 fins the board gives the best stability and maneuverability, making it ideal for choppy water or waves. The method of installing fins is simple:slide in and clip, no tool needed.
- This inflatable stand up paddle board come with D-rings for secure leash or for Kayak seat,and elastic rope. Includes comfort black diamond groove traction pad. All our products have gone through numerous analyses and tests before we finalize its material, shape and design, only to provide you the best experience.
- 11'2'' long board includes: removable fins,disassembled paddle,kayak seat,sup carrier,dual action pump,travel bag,footrest,kayak leash,SUP leash,repairing kit. 10'6'' long includes Fin/skeg for tracking, Backpack, Adjustable paddle, Kayak leash, Pump with gauge.
- One-person capacity board is the ideal size for versatile use
- Stand-up board features a removable center tracking fin
- Includes a high-pressure air pump, bungee tie-down, and adjustable aluminum paddle
- Rigid & Durable: It feels very similar to a hard board. The board is made of high grade PVC material with Korean Drop-Stitch construction, it's built to last.
- Inflatable & Portable: Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 36"
- Deck Features: Comfort diamond groove traction for grip,11 stainless D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
- Warranty: 1 Year Manufacturers Warranty covers workmanship and material.
- Complete Package: Board, Pump with Integrated pressure gauge, 3-Piece Aluminum paddle, Removable carry Strap, Leash and Backpack
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.