Faster Way With Stand Up Pedal Boards
Stand up pedal boards are the new exciting to try for you. If you have ever had a chance to do the paddle boarding, you might have got used to know how to ride the paddle. The traditional ones are the ones you have to sit when the wave coming. But, the stand up pedal boards let you experience more on the sensation of standing on the pedal through the water.
The Story Behind
For those who never rides a pedal board, it was commonly known that it was originally from Hawaii. However, some said that it went back then found in Africa used to practice for standing on the canoes. Then, a Hawaiian surfer came and made some contemporary style using pedal board and it was around the 16th century at that time.
Gradually this trend continued and arrived in Tel Aviv. It was around the 20th century where the lifeguards used it mostly. Their purpose was to be able see clearer view of the swimmers in such farther place around the sea. And it came to another and another people who thought it was cool and useful to ride the pedal board, either for personal desire or broader public needs. And the more popular it is, the more stand up pedal boards are needed. It helps more to be stable when you are riding it. And this kind of pedal boards now are a way more popular because there have been lots of world competition been held since 1990s.
A glance about the Design & Materials
For you who are new or already know this pedal, it is absolutely a must to know how good and trusted materials used for making the best pedal. For the average to high quality pedal, most of them use polyester, a kind of plastic or glass reinforced. The material sometimes is from epoxy resin also which well – matched with expanded polystyrene or polyurethane foam which use inside or in the core. Beside those materials, sometimes you might see a pedal made from a hollow balk construction. And for the riverine pedal type, it will use some different polymers and fabrics to bear the abuse or breaking the board.
Following the need of the users, the stand up type of it is asked numerous times to help someone who wants to propel or raft down the stream on the board. Generally, it consists of a shaft, a blade and handle.
For the paddles, you can think it is similar to the traditional canoe pedals but it is longer. The pedals we are talking about is constructed from:
- Wood with specific flat blade on 1 end connects to the handle & using a long smooth shaft on other hand
- Fiberglass (a substitute of the wood)
It is designed with a round or an oval shaft.some of the blades can be designed differently with its specific features and shapes. But if you ask about the general one, the blade normally use a banana shape peel style with sometimes using a light keel at the back. So basically, different designs can be for particular purposes or conditions such as for flat lake water, ocean water, long or short distance.
How to Use
A common and simpler way to describe how to use this stand up pedal boards is by these steps:
- Hold the pedal with 2 hands
- Keep it mind to use wide grip concept rather than hands close
- The body and the blade are tilted away
- If you want to ride quicker, you can use the push pulled method that offers you to paddle gently to around the water and lift back out from the water.
Top 10 Best Stand Up Pedal Boards
- INFLATABLE AND PORTABLE: The portable paddle-board quickly inflates and deflates in no time and can be rolled up for easy storage and travel which is a great option for camping trips, boating, and for riders w/ limited transport/storage space
- EASY STEERING AND MANEUVER: This free flow paddleboard SUP features (3) bottom panel fins for speed, hassle-free steering, and maneuverability for an exceptional surf control so you can glide and skim the water like a sea creature
- WATER READY: Made w/ drop stitch, reinforced engineered plc. construction which is marine grade waterproof and corrosion-resistant. The board can provide excellent glide for fishing, cruising, exploring and surfing
- PERFECT FOR ALL AGES: This stand up water paddle-board features a wide stable universal board design which provides stability/balance for kids, teens, & adults. Can be safely used on lake, ocean, pool, pond, river, bayou, or beach
- COMPLETE ACCESSORIES: Water-ready and comes w/ everything needed including single person one piece inflatable platform base, oar paddles, air pump, coiled ankle cuff safety leash/straps, patch repair kit, inflatable stand up paddle board bag
- 🏄 Spring Time Sale!! ROC Paddle Boards premium inflatable paddle board is made of the highest quality military grade material. We provide the most durable lightweight board on the market, using the same materials as boards costing $699.
- 🏄Our extra wide design creates an incredible all-around board for people of all skill level. These kits can be used in the ocean, fresh water lakes, and rivers. Our boards are an industry-leading weight of only 17.5 pounds—that’s 20% lighter than competitors’. Board dimensions are 10’ long by 32” wide and 6” thick with a weight limit of 275 pounds.
- 🏄Our premium paddle board package has everything you need to enjoy your day on the water including: your board, collapsible aluminum paddle, safety leash, hand pump, waterproof bag for essentials such as cell phone and keys, and an upgraded backpack to hold everything. Comfortable and convenient, this complete elite package will get you anywhere you want to paddle.
- 🏄 USA family owned company!! We stand by the quality of our boards and are glad to provide a 1 year manufacturer’s warranty at no additional cost. With tens of thousands of boards sold across the world, you can trust ROC as the leader in quality and fun!
- Upgraded wide SUP design for better balance: measuring 10’6 feet long & 32 inches wide, balancing & stabilizing on top of our SUP board is a breeze
- Soft, stable & anti slip top deck: perfect for beginners, We've upgraded this inflatable paddle board with a no slip Soft top that cushions your fall when slips or accidents occur. They happen to the best of us, so might as well be prepared
- Best paddling manoeuvrability: outfitted with triple bottom panel fins, steering & handling The stand up inflatable paddle boards is incredibly easy offering exceptional surf control, you'll be gliding & skimming the water like a sea creature
- PORTABLE & INFLATABLE SUP BOARD: 100 percent travel friendly, this unique SUP inflatable paddle board is preferred by those who have a knack for adventure Take it with you on surfing excursions or keep it in your car for those times you want to explore
- All in 1 blow up Paddle board kit: complete with all must have Paddle board Accessories, Our SUP Paddle board will have you ready to hit the waves includes 10'6 board, Coiled ankle cuff Safety leash, upgraded aluminium paddle, patch repair accessory kit,
- Intuitive, stable, Mirage-powered paddleboard
- Gear tie-downs, kick-up, rudder, and easily adjustable controls make this the perfect board for beginners and experienced paddleboarders
- Steering controls on the handlebar make turning easy
- Mirage drive and handlebar can be removed so the board can be paddled
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY ON MATERIALS
- Rigid Design : It feels very similar to a hard board.The board is made of high grade Military Ultra Light PVC Drop Stitch Fabric. Constructed with additional PVC layer of board rails are highly strengthened the board.
- Ultra Portable : Deflated it's only 1 foot in diameter by 38". Inflated size : 11'x33"x6" Thick. Weight 20.3lbs, Maximum capactiy is up to 350lbs, Stable and great for all skill levels and conditions.
- Deck Features : 5mm Comfort diamond groove traction for grip. 11pcs of 316 Stainless Steel D-Rings and bungee on front deck for storage.
- Complete Package : Board, Adjustable aluminium paddle, Voyager ISUP travel backpack, Shoulder Strap, Coiled leash, TPU waterproof bag, Removable fin, Double Action Pump : during the 1st phase of the inflation use double action:clip closed,Fig.1, when the pressure arrives to a relatively higher value, use single action:clip open,Fig.2.
- One-person capacity board is the ideal size for versatile use
- Stand-up board features a removable center tracking fin
- Includes a high-pressure air pump, bungee tie-down, and adjustable aluminum paddle
- Intuitive, Stable, Mirage Powered SUP
- Gear Tie Downs
- Kick Up Rudder
- Handlebar Controlled Steering
- MirageDrive and Handlebar Are Removable for Paddling
- Indoor & outdoor cart for transporting 2 SUP's
- Premium airless tires never go flat
- Lightweight, epoxy powder-coated aluminum frame
- Sup's rest on Neoprene foam pads
- Fits two SUP's each up to 7 inches thick
- Lightweight, easy to carry with five carrying handle locations
- Tracks and paddles with ease while offering maximum stability
- Non-slip foot pads & recessed cooler area with strap
- Fin for superior tracking. Made from extremely durable dent-resistant High Density Polyethylene
- Storage compartment with shock cord deck rigging
- IMPORTANT – phone number is needed to schedule a delivery appointment***
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.