4 Tips to Choose Trunk Mount Bike Racks
Biking out of town with family and friends must be really interesting. It is a good chance to do this cardio sport along with enjoying the scenery around. But since the distance may be too far too, you need to ride a car first. So, where will be the bike placed when you are driving a car? Well, you can carry the car first and then bring it to the biking area. The support this, you may use a trunk mount bike rack. What are the tips to choose and buy it? Check them out.
Fit It with the Type of the Car
So, what is the type of car you have? For SUV-type cars, the rear mount bike racks are more suitable. This way, the rack is installed on the rear of the car. There are 2 types of this rack known as the fold and swing. Meanwhile, for the lower type of car, the top mount bike racks are better. Many people also think that it is enough to only put the bike when they have a pick up car. Sure, it is not enough. You should also install the truck bed rack to avoid it bumped or fallen toward the shakes.
Choose the Qualified Rack
The next tip to choose trunk mount bike racks is about the product’s quality. Sure, the higher the quality of the rack, the price must be more expensive. But it is actually a smart way to save your money. A qualified rack tends to be stronger and more durable. Moreover, it must also be able to hold the bike well.
A Longer Distance between the Bike and Glass
Choose also a kind of rack that brings more distance between the bike and glass. When they are bumped into each other during the trip, both can just be damaged. For example, the glass can be scratched and even broken. Interestingly, many brands seem to have considered this matter. The rack has a good size to make sure both things are not touching.
Uninstall the Bike’s Accessories First
To save more space, you should uninstall some bike’s accessories. They are including the speedometer, lamps, drink bottle, and more. If your car’s size is small enough, it is even recommended to uninstall the wheels. Of course, it depends on your car’s type whether it is portable or not. So, are you interested to buy trunk mount bike racks?
- Patented design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information
- Side straps for increased lateral stability. Single configuration design eliminates setup hassles and headaches during installation
- Individual tie downs secure and protect bicycles
- Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- Ships in Certified Frustration Free Packaging 70 pounds max capacity
- Comes fully assembled set up and installs in seconds 12 inch LONG CARRY ARMS EASILY ACCOMMODATE A WIDE RANGE OF BICYCLE STYLES AND 115 inch WIDE CARRY ARMS FOR GREATER BIKE COMPATIBILITY
- Rubber bike cradles and EPDM rubber straps hold up to 2 bikes firmly in place;
- Comes fully pre-assembled; Folds flat for easy storage in your trunk or garage
- Max Capacity: 35lbs per bike; Not to be used for E-Bikes
- Kids bikes and ladies frame bikes may require top tube adapter to fit on the rack
- Check vehicle Fitguide to ensure the rack will work for your vehicle
- Simple, sturdy bike carrying system
- Fits most sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs
- 12 inch long carry arms accommodate a wide range of bicycle styles
- 11.5 inch wide carry arms for greater bike compatibility
- Single configuration design eliminates setup hassles and headaches during installation
- patented individual tie down system secures and protects Ships in Certified Frustration Free Packaging
- Lifetime Warranty and Made in Taiwan. Please be aware that the ladies Y shape frame or small kids bikes need an adapter bar.
- Universal Trunk Bike Carrier: TUV Certification, VZ-F13-001 is compatible with many kinds of car and bicycle, using special design to attach on your Sedan, Hatchback car, even an SUV.
- Top Tube Compatible: 25mm to 40mm diameter, Six Strap Holding System: With Six different sides holding strap, you can attach the carrier on your car steady for every outdoor situation, Besides, we provide an extremely strong buckle for safety which been authorized under 300 hours rust testing, and rubber coated hook to protect your car
- Rubber Fixed Band: The rubber fixed band on clamp is suitable for many kinds of top tube and adjustable with 2 different fixing side, also which is authorized by UV Resistance testing for your traveling life.
- Additional foam protection and strap included: Suit for outdoor: Built With High Strength Steel, Reinforced Plastics, Wrinkle Black Powder Coated Finish For Rust Resistance and Stretchable Uv Resistant Bike Holder.
- "Dual positioning trunk/bumper system allows this bike rack to fit on most cars, van's and suv; Carries up to 4 bikes "
- Comes fully pre-assembled; Folds flat for easy storage in your trunk or garage; Carries up to 3 bikes
- Max Capacity: 35lbs per bicycle
- Kids bikes, ladies frame bikes and some mountain bikes may require a top tube adapter to fit on the bike rack
- Check vehicle Fitguide to ensure the bike rack will work for your vehicle.Rubber coated hooks
- COMPATIBILITY - Fits Sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUV's and holds up to 3 Bikes with a total weight capacity of 90 lbs (30 lbs each). Not compatible on vehicles with rear spoilers
- MAXIMUM STABILITY - The individual tie downs and additional safety strap eliminates rattling and allows bikes to remain stationary and secure throughout transportation
- VEHICLE PROTECTION - The padded lower frame provides distance between the bikes and vehicle preventing wear and tear to the car
- EASY INSTALLATION - Bike rack is fully assembled making for quick and easy installation process
- LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY - At Dependable Direct, we stand by the quality and design of our Bike Rack products. Our Limited Lifetime Warranty covers a wide variety of mishaps and performance guarantees
- Patent pending design fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans and SUV's consult manufacturer web site for specific vehicle fit information
- Patented quick snap set up design allow for super quick set up right out of the box; Padded lower frame keeps bicycles away from vehicle
- 21 inch Long Carry Arms easily accommodate up to 4 bicycles 140 pound Max capacity; Clear arch top and bottom feet provide maximum vehicle clearance for rack
- Individual Dual Compound tie down cradles secure and protect bicycles; 2 patented sure strap lower straps keeps bottom hooks in place during use
- Extra large car pads help to distribute bicycles load and protect vehicle finish; Material: Steel
- Model 103D
- Fits most sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs
- Single configuration design eliminates headaches during set up and installation
- Patented individual tie-down system secures and protects bicycles
- Lifetime warranty on workmanship and materials
- Ultra compact 1 bike carrier for traveling and commuting
- Folds up small and fits inside carrying bag or backpack
- 3 padded legs rest against vehicle; 3 adjustable security straps
- Tie downs and padding keep bike secure and separate from vehicle
- Fits sedans, hatchbacks, minivans, and SUVs
- Trunk mounted rack carries up to three bikes, up to 35 pounds each
- Arc-based design fits over most spoilers, and separates bikes on different levels
- Most popular trunk rack ever sold. With more than one million in use, the simple design sets the standard for trunk racks.
- Injection -molded arms and legs are the strongest on the market
- Built in Madison, Wisconsin; limited lifetime
- Innovative retractable straps feature one-touch adjustability for ease of car fit and seamless strap management.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.