Folding Bikes: How and Which to Choose
Folding bike is just a problem solver. It can do what a regular bicycle can and cannot do. It can save storage space in your house, so portable that you can put it on the bus or train even in your car or plane. They don’t need big bike bags that will take your extra energy and expenses. If you literally integrating your lifestyle with a bicycle, but have been overwhelmed by the hassles of a big-sized bike, then you must be thinking about having a folding bike instead.
Which type to choose
The folding bike falls into two main categories, small-wheeled, and normal-wheeled folding bike. Small-wheeled with the size of the wheels are 16 or 20 inches and the normal-wheeled folding bike has the size of 26 inches.
Small-wheeled folding bike
The bike is designed for city dwellers and commuters and their need for small space. This type is what considered to be classic in the world of the folding bike. Comes with the size of the wheel are 16 and 20 inches, it also equipped with the accessories of city bikes like bells, chain guards, mudguards, racks, etc.
The ability to be folded in ultra-compact size becomes the strength with the weakness is it not good for long-distance. That is why this type will be perfect to be ridden in the city with the need for use of public transport. You can easily put it everywhere from under the sofa, train seat or even under your desk at work.
Normal-wheeled folding bike
Though the word folding bike normally associated with city bikes with small wheels, some manufacturers have applied the folding concept in too many types of bicycles. From mountain bikes to road bikes are having the ability to be folded, making them a powerful as well as easy to carry everywhere.
How to choose
These are some considerations to take before you get your new folding bike.
- Check the dimensions of the bike after it is folded, make sure it will fit the intended space.
- Check how fast and easy for it to be folded, do you need extra tools?
- Check if there is a tying mechanism or a clamp to make the bike stay when it is folded otherwise, you are going to need an extra bag for the folding bike.
- Check if the bike is light and comfortable enough to carry.
- Check if the bike is comfortable and secure enough for you to ride.
- All Light Weight Aluminum Alloy - Frame, Handlebar, Stem, Seat post, Kickstand, Headset, Front & rear hub, Crank set, V-style brakes, Front and Rear Fenders and more
- Genuine Shimano Tourney 7-speed Derailleur, Shimano Revo 7-Speed Grip Style Shifter and STAINLESS STEEL 11-28T 7-Speed Cassette Gears
- Adjustable stem adapts to riders of all sizes from under five feet to over six feet four tall
- Double Wall rims, Kenda ultra-light multi-terrain tires and Magnet catcher to hold folded bike together
- Folded size: H-27" L-31" W-12.5. Weight: 27 lbs (Lightweight Folding bike): Maximum weight capacity 240 lbs.
- Lightweight aluminum frame; folds in seconds and is easy to carry so you never need to leave it outside.
- Genuine Shimano components with 7 speeds and grip style shifter.
- Easy single fold stem, folding pedals, magnet catcher to hold fold bike's frame securely together.
- 2“ multi-terrain tires and v-style brakes.
- Folded size: H-27. 25" L-33. 2" W-13. 5. Weight: 28. 5 lb. (Lightweight).
- Provides a stronger, faster, more reliable stopping power than the traditional V-Brake Systems; Disc brakes also do not wear out your tires and last much longer; Since disc brakes are much more consistent you’ll be able to judge braking more accurately
- High tensile steel folding frame that could withstand rough mountain trails and folds flat in seconds with no tools required
- Includes Shimano products that are known to last, including derailleur and shifters; Also includes alloy double wall rims with 26" diamond wheels and 22. 5'' handlebars.
- Front & rear shock absorbers that could withstand many tough terrain mountain trails or daily commutes
- Recommended for rider's height 5'3"-6'0". Max weight up to 220lbs - Light Assembly/Tools Required. 30-day included for all orders purchased from the authorized seller, Crosslinks.
- Brake Style: Linear Pull
- Suspension Type: Rigid
- The Schwinn Hinge folding bike is designed to fit a wide range of riders with a suggested maximum rider weight of 220 pounds. Ditch headache-inducing traffic and bike to work with this convenient single-speed folding bike
- With a sturdy steel frame, 20-inch alloy wheels, and a convenient folding system, the Schwinn Hinge is easy to carry, easy to fold, and easy to store. Includes one folding pedal and one regular pedal for easier storage and folds down to 30"x32"x11"
- Commuting with the Schwinn Hinge folding bike is quick and easy with the 1-speed drivetrain that allows you to coast when you need a break
- The Schwinn Hinge folding bike comes with full-wrap fenders to keep you clean and dry while riding and the included rear carrying rack is perfect for your work bag.Pedals:Resin platform w/ reflector
- This bike comes ready to be assembled, includes a thick nylon storage bag, and is perfect for urban commuters and city riders. Comes with Schwinn's Limited Lifetime Warranty
- 20 - inch folding bicycle designed for commuting and exercising.
- Shimano 6 speed shifter and derailleur. semi-alloy front and rear V-brake.
- WANDA 20" x 1.75 tires
- Quick removable front handle stem. with alloy silver color cap & PVC black bell.
- Easy assembly and ride
- Discover the convenience and utility of the schwinn loop adult folding bicycle; in just a few easy steps, this brilliant device folds out to a bike that's big enough to accommodate a six foot rider
- Great for camping or RV this durable steel bike packs up so small that no bike rack is required; The folded size is 29.5 inches by 29 inches by 19 inches
- Tackle Small hills and cut through brisk winds easily, thanks to a seven speed Shimano Revoshift twist Shifter and Shimano tourney rear derailleur
- The rear carry rack and an included nylon carry bag keep the bike protected and concealed; Perfect for commuting, this bike features a kickstand and durable steel hinges
- This bike ships ready to be assembled, weighs approximately 33 pounds, has a limited lifetime warranty, and the wheels measure 20 inches
- 【7-Speed Folding Bike】The shifting handle and rear derailleur allow you to easily change the speed as needed, giving you a new experience during your ride. In addition, the ergonomic anti-slip handle relieves discomfort caused by prolonged riding.
- 【Rugged Frame & Foldable Design】With high-strength iron frame, this folding bike has strong load-bearing capacity and can be used for a long time. Besides, the foldable design makes it easy for you to carry and store. And the entire folding process takes only 3 steps.
- 【Adjustable Handle & Seat Height】 Made of high quality aging resistant rubber and aluminum alloy rims, the tires are non-slip and difficult to pierce. So you can use it on a mountain road or on a rugged road. Not only that, the height of the seat and handle can be adjusted to provide you a better comfort experience.
- 【V-style Brakes】This bicycle is equipped with front and rear V brakes, which make the brakes more efficient and shorten the braking distance when riding out. Cortical seats provide you with the greatest comfort, and you can adjust the height from top to bottom to find the height that best suits your ride.
- 【Easy Assembly Process】Our folding bicycle is 98% installed, so you can install and use it very quickly, reducing a lot of tedious installation steps, allowing you to use our bicycle quickly. And our wear-resistant wheels can cope with all kinds of road conditions. The anti-skid foot with BS reflector allows you to ride at night without any problems.
- LIGHT WEIGHT AND EASY TO TRANSPORT: The bike easily folds to fit into the trunk of a car, making it perfect for students and commuters. The folding feature makes it perfect for those that do not have a car bike rack or those that would prefer bringing their bike along instead of leaving it on a bike rack where it could be stolen.
- EASY TO USE: Folds flat in seconds! Folded dimensions approx. 29" L x 24" H x 13". Easy to carry and easy to store in the car, closet, or garage. Note: Pedals are different in appearance. Only the right pedal folds in.
- 7 SPEED: Genuine 7 Speed quality name brand SL-TX30 Shifter, quality name brand RD-TZ50 Rear Derailleur
- PERFECT SIZE FOR ANYONE: The comfortable seat easily adjusts to most riders ranging from five feet to over six feet tall. Max User Weight: 220 lbs
- DURABLE WHEELS: Alloy Wheels with High Grade 20" x 1.75 Road Tire. Light Assembly/Tools Required. 30 day warranty included for all orders purchased from the authorized seller, Crosslinks.
- Solid x-frame design folds to just 20.5" x 20" of floor space when not in use
- Padded lower back pad and large seat for comfort and support
- 2" x 1" LCD window is easy to read with all the necessary information - clearly displays speed, distance, time, calories, and pulse
- 8 levels of manual resistance are easily controlled through the large Dial tension knob for users of all fitness levels.Adjustable Seat
- 3-piece pedal crank for added durability. No custom or preset progra