Make It A Trend Again: Longboards
Longboards or skateboards are one of the sport tools we already know. Most people think they are the same. However, in fact, they are slightly different.
Skateboard is smaller, slower and narrower than longboards. About the speed, the longboards are faster because they have the wheel size and more precise materials. And in most occasions, longboard is distinguished from skateboard because longboard often used for downhill racing and cruising.
What Needs to Prepare
For your safety, you must have the right equipment for protection. The helmet is the most people would buy first. However, it is not just the helmet you need to prepare. Most riders will prepare:
- knee pads
- spine protectors
- wrist guards
- elbow pads
- padded shorts
For special occasion, such as downhill or sliding regulations, the riders will bring special gloves. It is called slide gloves. It is made specialized from synthetic fabrics and leather. In addition, sometimes it has pucks – large disc – attached to the palms. The use of pucks is to protect the riders’ hands during the slides. And pucks usually are made of delrin, corian or UHMW. They are kinds of synthetic polymers.
Basically, longboards has many components and details. In simpler ways, it consists of:
They are basically made from plywood composed of the maple, koa, bamboo, birch or oak wood. Speaking of the decks, you might find quite confusing because they have variety numbers of the sizes and shapes depends on the riders’ purposes, goals or needs. And each of them has particular disadvantages and advantages. Some of the decks’ terms you might want to know:
Pintails. To prevent your wheel from getting contact with the board. It is called wheelbite. It is commonly used with top mounted trucks.
Drop – through. With lowered platform, you will get greater stability at high speed.
Hybrid. It tends to be shorter than any other longboards that offers the rider to have more stable condition.
Cruiser. This is the most common shape which has larger and softer wheels. It is similar to kick-tail shape of the normal skateboards.
They are some metal – turning system that attached to the longboard wheel and the deck. They are made with goal for giving wider and bigger turning cycle or circle. They ‘read’ the riders’ motions or body to turn the board.
They are the components which are the easiest parts to change. They have top two best standards:
– Barrels. They have larger shape which gives more rebound and stability
– Cones. They have narrower shape which gives you less rebound and more turns.
The ricer pads affect the distance between the deck and the wheels. It is for preventing the wheelbite.
The bearings are used for reducing those unnecessary brushings. It is aimed to give flawless act.
It is located on the top of the board and made from gritty things. It gives traction so the riders’ shoes will stay stable on the board.
Most of the wheels are made from this material called urethane. The wheels’ performances are also affected by 5 things:
– Hub setting
– Lip shape
– Contact shape
The longboards itself have different types, such as:
- Centerset wheels. The hubs are set in the middle from each lip.
- Side – set wheels. The hubs are set in the inside of the edge of the wheels. Its purpose is for giving smoother transitions.
- Offset wheels. The hub is in the center and inside the edge of its wheel.
Top 10 Best Longboards
- Deck: Maple laminate with photo heat transfer graphic
- Trucks: 40 degree base - 180mm hangers, aluminium die casting trucks
- Wheels: Volador 70mm diameter - 51mm wide - 78A - SHR 70% rebound
- Bearings: ABEC 9 with high-speed lubricant
- Grip: Coarse OS780
- Come with Multi-function Skate Tool and Attractive Sticker
- Strong but Flexible Eight Ply Maple Deck make longboard can Hold Up to 250 LBS weight
- Big Soft 70x50mm PU Wheels combined with ABEC-9 Bearings for Smooth Ride
- Solid 7 Inch Aluminum Trucks equipped with soft bushings for Comfortable Longboarding
- Easy to Learn for Kids and Adults beginner due to low to ground feature come from Dropthroguht mounting technology
- SIZE MATTERS our 44" Longboard is the perfect size constructed in a Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck shaped to perform and the extra detail rarely found at this price.
- THE ORIGINAL BAMBOO LONGBOARD - Designed on the boardwalks in California to higher specifications from Malibu to San Diego, we are the leaders in longboard and skateboard.
- AUTHENTIC COMPONENTS- Genuine ABEC 7 speed bearings, 7 Ply Super Flex Bamboo and Hardwood Maple Deck, 7-inch aluminum trucks, This 44"" Artisan Bamboo Longboard, Better components = Better performance
- DARE TO COMPARE Not all longboards are the same, Quest longboards are made with better materials and components if you are looking for a pro style longboard at a great price. look no further.
- MADE IN MARS- We design and make nearly 100% of our own product. The best of the tradition brands, working with some of the real pioneers of the Skate, Surf and Snow Board world, help reinvent them using today's best components, great fresh art and new technology.
- Size: 39 inches x 9.5 inches
- Multiple layers of Bamboo and Canadian Maple with durable heat transferred graphics and clear grip tape.
- 180 mm (7 inch) aluminum trucks with polished finish and ultra high rebound bushings
- 70 mm x 50 mm high rebound urethane wheels. Fast and durable Abec 9 Hellion bearings with built in spacers.
- Search: "White Wave Longboards" to see all our products
- Jinhua Sanview Sports Equipment Co.,Ltd
- HongHenry Distribution
- Durable 8-ply hardwood maple deck with max load weight 220Ibs
- 3" strong aluminum truck and base with polished finish
- Super smooth 80 A PU wheels with ABEC-11 high speed bearings
- Lightweight with shock absorb ring guarantee the smooth cruising
- Deck size: 41" Long x 10.2" Wide , no assembly required
- HongHenry Distribution