Make It A Trend Again: Longboards
Longboards or skateboards are one of the sport tools we already know. Most people think they are the same. However, in fact, they are slightly different.
Skateboard is smaller, slower and narrower than longboards. About the speed, the longboards are faster because they have the wheel size and more precise materials. And in most occasions, longboard is distinguished from skateboard because longboard often used for downhill racing and cruising.
What Needs to Prepare
For your safety, you must have the right equipment for protection. The helmet is the most people would buy first. However, it is not just the helmet you need to prepare. Most riders will prepare:
- knee pads
- spine protectors
- wrist guards
- elbow pads
- padded shorts
For special occasion, such as downhill or sliding regulations, the riders will bring special gloves. It is called slide gloves. It is made specialized from synthetic fabrics and leather. In addition, sometimes it has pucks – large disc – attached to the palms. The use of pucks is to protect the riders’ hands during the slides. And pucks usually are made of delrin, corian or UHMW. They are kinds of synthetic polymers.
Basically, longboards has many components and details. In simpler ways, it consists of:
They are basically made from plywood composed of the maple, koa, bamboo, birch or oak wood. Speaking of the decks, you might find quite confusing because they have variety numbers of the sizes and shapes depends on the riders’ purposes, goals or needs. And each of them has particular disadvantages and advantages. Some of the decks’ terms you might want to know:
Pintails. To prevent your wheel from getting contact with the board. It is called wheelbite. It is commonly used with top mounted trucks.
Drop – through. With lowered platform, you will get greater stability at high speed.
Hybrid. It tends to be shorter than any other longboards that offers the rider to have more stable condition.
Cruiser. This is the most common shape which has larger and softer wheels. It is similar to kick-tail shape of the normal skateboards.
They are some metal – turning system that attached to the longboard wheel and the deck. They are made with goal for giving wider and bigger turning cycle or circle. They ‘read’ the riders’ motions or body to turn the board.
They are the components which are the easiest parts to change. They have top two best standards:
– Barrels. They have larger shape which gives more rebound and stability
– Cones. They have narrower shape which gives you less rebound and more turns.
The ricer pads affect the distance between the deck and the wheels. It is for preventing the wheelbite.
The bearings are used for reducing those unnecessary brushings. It is aimed to give flawless act.
It is located on the top of the board and made from gritty things. It gives traction so the riders’ shoes will stay stable on the board.
Most of the wheels are made from this material called urethane. The wheels’ performances are also affected by 5 things:
– Hub setting
– Lip shape
– Contact shape
The longboards itself have different types, such as:
- Centerset wheels. The hubs are set in the middle from each lip.
- Side – set wheels. The hubs are set in the inside of the edge of the wheels. Its purpose is for giving smoother transitions.
- Offset wheels. The hub is in the center and inside the edge of its wheel.
Top 10 Best Longboards
- Bamboo and Maple hybrid 41-inch artisan longboard
- Rugged and lightweight aluminum trucks
- Reactive and smooth gliding reverse kingpin trucks with precision abec-7 bearing, PU casted Black bushing-90a
- Durable 70x51mm 85a PU wheels with rock finish
- Designed in sunny los angeles for a strikingly vintage California look
- Classic retro-surf-style longboard for commuting, cruising, carving, and downhill riding
- Dimensions: 41" x 9.5" featuring drop-through trucks
- Made with 8-ply vertically laminated Canadian Maple
- ABEC-7 pre-lubricated high-speed carbon bearings for a smooth, fast ride
- 70 x 51mm PU-casted cushion 78a wheels
- SIZE MATTERS our 44" Longboard is the perfect size constructed in a Multi-ply Hardwood Maple and beautiful artisan bamboo deck shaped to perform and the extra detail rarely found at this price.
- THE ORIGINAL BAMBOO LONGBOARD - Designed on the boardwalks in California to higher specifications from Malibu to San Diego, we are the leaders in longboard and skateboard.
- AUTHENTIC COMPONENTS- Genuine ABEC 7 speed bearings, 7 Ply Super Flex Bamboo and Hardwood Maple Deck, 7-inch aluminum trucks, This 44"" Artisan Bamboo Longboard, Better components = Better performance
- DARE TO COMPARE Not all longboards are the same, Quest longboards are made with better materials and components if you are looking for a pro style longboard at a great price. look no further.
- MADE IN MARS- We design and make nearly 100% of our own product. The best of the tradition brands, working with some of the real pioneers of the Skate, Surf and Snow Board world, help reinvent them using today’s best components, great fresh art and new technology.
- The 43inch drop through cruiser was designed to meet basic needs for longboard beginners, or transport needs for on campus.
- 8-ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue make the board strong enough to handle most riders.
- Genuine alluminium 7-Inch reverse kingpin trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- Durable 70mm 80A PU wheels work with ABEC-7 presion bearings, letting you enjoy an unsurpassed smooth ride.
- Geometric graphic makes you board stands out from crowds.
- 28-Inch Exotic Spalted Pearwood Deck with 7 Ply Canadian Maple Core. Custom pinstripe design with beautiful finish.
- With a large kicktail and just the right amount of concave, this board is effortless to ride. Laser cut griptape locks your feet on the board.
- Rugged and lightweight -inch aluminum trucks (black) with ultra high rebound bushings for ultimate carving experience.
- 60mm Hooligan wheels create a smooth and grippy ride. Hooligan wheels provide smooth, duarable, and evenly wore wheel.
- Fast and durable Abec 9 Hellion 2 bearings with built in spacers. Rolling is effortless.
- 44-inch Longboard Skateboard designed for cruising and skating around town
- Super durable deck is made with beautiful bamboo and hard maple core
- Gravity cast 7 inch aluminum tough trucks are great for smooth cruises
- 70mm wheels and bushings are made from SHR High Quality Urethane
- No need for grip tape - Sand grit finish provides grip for your feet and shows off the bamboo design
- Size: 39 inches x 9.5 inches
- Multiple layers of Bamboo and Canadian Maple with durable heat transferred graphics and clear grip tape.
- 180 mm (7 inch) aluminum trucks with polished finish and ultra high rebound bushings
- 70 mm x 50 mm high rebound urethane wheels. Fast and durable Abec 9 Hellion 2 bearings with built in spacers.
- Search: "White Wave Longboards" to see all our products
- 41-Inch artisan drop-style performance longboard made from sustainably sourced Canadian Maple.
- Reactive and smooth gliding Slant reverse 180mm kingpin trucks with precision ABEC-7 stainless steel bearings for less exertion and a longer roll.
- We designed Tindal's low deck for optimal balance. Your center of gravity stays low with your feet securely on the board to improve balance.
- Extra gritty and abrasive OS780 grip tape to keep you firmly in place and ready to rip.
- Durable 70x51mm 85a PU wheels and high-rebound bushings
- ✅ 42 X 9 Inch Longborads Skateboards, drop through camber deck offers super flex and shock absorber.
- ✅ Cold press 9 ply natural hardrock maple and epoxy glue, healthy materials bring more fun, and is better for environment.
- ✅ ABEC-9 high speed chrome steel bearings,7 inch 180 genuine aluminum trucks are adjustable as 50 or 45 degree, and take to you great maneuverability.
- ✅ Durable 70x51mm 85A PU wheels with rock finish. PU shock absorb ring: providing effective cushioning, adds more comfort to your skateboarding experience.
- ✅ Built for downhill, speed and freestyle riding, wide turning radius,suitable for all age sports enthusiast groups. 100% MONEY-BACK, buy with confidence,if for any reason you are not satisfied, we will give you a full refund.
- Ultra-low-riding longboard ensures maximum stability, making it ideal for downhill carving
- Ease of pushing takes wear and tear out of around-town commutes, as well
- Unique perimeter shape gives 9.6-inches of leverage into every turn, while also eliminating wheel bite
- Full maple laminate deck; reverse King Pin (RKP) longboard trucks with 245-millimeter axles
- Includes limited one-year manufacturer's warranty
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.