Electric Scooters for Daily Commutes
Electric scooters are getting popular in every country. Electric scooters not only bring fun to our daily commutes but also a highly efficient way of personal transportation. This vehicle can be an alternative transportation and also environmentally friendly. It could be an ideal and effective solution for a short and medium distance journey without causing traffic congestion and air pollution.
Electric Scooter Riding Rules
Even though an electric scooter is safe, comfortable and easy transportation, it cannot be fully guaranteed to be safe. Reckless users of electric scooters can cause minor injuries such as sprains, bruises, and others for themselves and also the pedestrians. Therefore, it’s very important that users must adopt the necessary practices to ride safely.
Here are some rules to make your ride safe.
- Always put a safety helmet and make sure it fits well to your head.
- Always wear covered shoes.
- Ensure your scooter is equipped with a bell and ensure that front and rear lights are working.
- Stay in control and ride with both hands.
- Only ride your scooter in bicycle lanes or pavements because it’s not safe to ride it on the road.
- Always ride in a safe speed. Riding your scooter recklessly can endanger yourself and also the pedestrians.
- Always give priority to the pedestrian when you are using the pavements. Slow down your speed when you approach pedestrians. If the pavement is crowded, you need to dismount from your scooter and push it. Be patient when you meet the pedestrians because it’s important to make sure the harmonious sharing of public spaces.
- If you encounter other riders, ride in single file, slow down your speed, and always keep a safe distance.
- Based on the active mobility advisory panel’s recommendation, the max device speed of your scooter is 25km/hour, the max unladen weight is 20kg, and the max device width is 700mm.
- Don’t overcharge your scooter’s battery. Unplugged as soon as the battery is fully charged.
Health Benefits of Electric Scooters
Driving an electric scooter can be one of the exercises that will help in increasing body balance. Body balance will increase overall movement ability which will keep the body fit during activities. Riding an electric scooter can also train the strength of the body especially strengthening muscles in the abdominal, pelvic and back areas. Electric scooters are environmentally friendly for transportation because they do not use fuel. Electric scooters make the environment cleaner, healthier and fresher.