Choosing Best Portable Document Scanners for Business
With the popularity of technology among small businesses, then document management is a great tool in business – you interesting about Portable Document Scanners. Removing your paper documents in the online files give your necessary documents another level of security and provide you with the higher protection. If your business does not have one, this is better to move the physical documents to digital format to get better protection for your documents. Keeping your documents stay safe by removing them into the digital form was still considered as a best practice, but it still needs the right equipment or device. Document scanners have become one of the essential hardware components for good document management.
What is the document scanner?
The document scanner is the device or tool to change your documents into the digital information. This scanner will be used in a business setting to convert the crucial document into the digital data – which is easier to be accessed. The document scanner can be used in a small or big company. There are so many document scanners which allow this device is so useful for various businesses.
Portable Document Scanners
This type is usually smaller and cheaper rather than the desktop scanners. You will find the portable scanner in the lowest rate at $50 for the handheld model and close to $100 for those which are not too small enough to be handled as well. For the more expensive portable scanners, then you need to pay more around $300.
As the name implies, the portable scanner is so easy to bring. If you need to go out for the unexpectedly business meeting, then you can take out your portable scanner from your bag and save those documents digitally. The portable scanner will act as an alternative way to take out your smartphone and take some photos to save your documents. There are several types of portable scanners such as the foldable handheld and wireless scanners. Keep in mind that the quality of the scan is depending on what scanners that you use. The more expensive wireless model can make a picture gets a higher resolution rather than the handheld scanner model.
- Smaller size can be perfect for the small business
- It is cheaper rather than the desktop scanner
- It is very easy to bring anywhere
- It may not be ideal to scan large quantities of your documents
- The images or resolutions may be worse
- It is not the best option for a bigger business
- Fastest and lightest mobile single sheet fed document scanner in its class(1) small, portable scanner ideal for easy, on the go scanning
- Fast scans a single page in as fast as 5.5 seconds(2)
- Versatile paper handling scans documents upto 8.5 x 72 inches, as well as ID cards and receipts
- Smart tools to easily scan and organize documents Epson ScanSmart Software(3) makes it easy to scan, review and save
- USB powered connect to your computer; No batteries or external power supply required
- Includes Nuance OCR create searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel files
- Scan to the cloud(4) scan files directly to online storage accounts with the included software
- Compatible with Windows and Mac works with your existing system; Twain driver included
- Included Twain driver compatible with virtually any imaging software
- Automatic feeding mode combine multi page scans into one file; Scanner automatically accepts each new sheet as it’s inserted
- FAST SPEEDS - Scans color and black and white documents at blazing speed up to 16ppm. Color scanning won’t slow you down as the color scan speed is the same as the black and white scan speed
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length and only about 1. 5pounds in weight you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse, even a pocket)
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS-640 mobile scanner is powered via an included micro USB 3. 0 cable, allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available. Plug it into you PC or laptop and you are ready to scan
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan-to” destinations like PC, network, cloud services, Email and OCR. Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through prevention/background removal, text enhancement, color drop to enhance scans. Software suite includes document management and OCR software
- FAST SPEED AND DUPLEX SCANNING – Scan single and double sided documents in a single pass at up to 16 ppm (1) Color scanning doesn’t slow you down at all as it has the same scan speed as black and white document scanning
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse a pocket) The DSD (Desk Saving Design) feature reduces the amount of space needed to use the device saving you 11 inches of desk space (2)
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS 740D is powered via an included micro USB 3 0 cable, allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available Plug it into your PC or laptop and you are ready to scan
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan to” destinations like PC Network cloud services Email and OCR (2) Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers (3)
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment image rotation (PC only) bleed through prevention/background removal text enhancement color drop to enhance the scans Software suite includes document management and OCR software (4)
- Note: No software installation is required. You need 2 AA batteries ( included) and a memory card (not included) to use it directly. Scan mode: Press and hold "Scan" for 2 seconds to turn on the device, and then press "Scan", the green light is on. The scanner moves to scan the file until the green light turns off automatically (or press the "Scan" key and the green light goes out). The number shown on the display increases by 1 to indicate that the scan is complete.
- Portable Scanner scans images or pictures quickly: Store JPEG/PDF files within seconds, scan images or pictures quickly, plug and play, no need any software preinstalled. Compatible with Windows XP/7/Vista/Mac OS 10.4 or above version.
- Lightweight and travel-friendly: Stored in Micro SD card directly, support read data on your computer or phone with USB connected. Powered by 2pcs AA batteries, Compact Design, it is convenient to carry outside.
- 3 Image Resolution: 3 modes of resolution for your options: 300dpi/600dpi/900dpi, you can save it at the clearest way, picture and document are showed clear as it is. Freely choose your favorite resolution.File Format: JPEG/PDF format is all available, Great storage capacity as it supports 32G Micro SD card（Not included）,total meet your need for business trip or daily use.
- Widely Used: It is applicable in bank, insurance business, real estate agency,home, office, library or outdoors. suitable for lawyer, businessmen, students, travelers and amateur archivists. Scan your important files and save them immediately, no struggling in finding a printing shop, keep it confidential.
- Fastest scan speeds in its class (1) — up to 25 ppm/50 ipm (2); Single-Step Technology captures both sides in one pass.
- Versatile scanning — scan 2-sided documents, receipts, business cards, plastic IDs and more.
- Convenient portability — use AC power, or if there’s no outlet, USB power (4) from your computer.
- Quick batch scanning for stacks of paper — 20-page Auto Document Feeder.
- Powerful software included — easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (3); preview, email, upload and more; automatic file naming and object recognition save time.
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into digital formats (searchable PDF, JPG, and more) or scan directly to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, QuickBooks Online, Evernote, SharePoint, and more)
- Convenient and portable: Slim, lightweight and sleek, to fit easily into a briefcase or bag, for use at home or on the road
- Handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, long documents, and more
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 8 pages-per-minute
- Broad compatibility: Supports Windows and Mac; TWAIN driver also included
- Bundled software: Powerful, yet easy-to-use scanning software, as well as a business card organizer
- Backed by a one-year warranty and US-based technical support
- Organize your paperwork in a breeze - create searchable, multi-page PDFs with the click of a button ; Scan to editable Word and Excel files
- Double sided color scanning with 10 page automatic document feeder (ADF). Scan receipts, business cards, extra long pages, and more
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your scans - features include auto color detection, auto rotation for upside down documents, and blank page removal
- Easy to use software with color, grayscale, and monochrome scan speeds of up to 12 double-sided pages per minute. Compatible Operating Systems - macOS v10.12.1 or later recommended. OS X v10.9.5 or later recommended.OS X v10.8.5 recommended.OS X v10.7.5 recommended.Mac OS X v10.6.8 recommended.Mac OS X v10.5.x recommended
- Scan your documents directly into the cloud to access them from anywhere - compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more.Paper Chute Capacity:Maximum 10 sheets (A4 size at 20 lb. or 80 g/m2)
- ULTRA COMPACT – At a size barely bigger than a box of spaghetti you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse a pocket) The Brother DSD (Desk Saving Design) feature reduces the amount of space needed to use the device
- FAST SPEED AND DUPLEX SCANNING – Scan single and double sided documents in a single pass at up to 16ppm (1) Color scanning doesn’t slow you down at all as it has the same scan speed as black and white scanning
- REAL MOBILITY – With an embedded lithium ion battery and the ability to insert a micro SD card (2) you can use this as a standalone device virtually anywhere Scan to mobile devices with Brother’s free iPrint&Scan mobile app
- DRIVERLESS SCANNING – Mass storage support lets you utilize a Micro SD card (2) to scan documents and retrieve on a PC without a driver installed Supports Windows, Mac and Linux environments and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers (3)
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT –Automatic color detection/adjustment image rotation (PC only) bleed through prevention/background removal text enhancement color drop to enhance the scans Software suite includes document management and OCR software (4)
- Connectivity Technology: WiFi
- Scanner Type: Business Card
- STAY ORGANIZED – Easily convert your paper documents into digital formats like searchable PDF files, JPEGs, and more
- CONVENIENT AND PORTABLE –lightweight and small in size, you can take the scanner anywhere from home offices, classrooms, remote offices, and anywhere in between
- HANDLES VARIOUS MEDIA TYPES – Digitize receipts, business cards, plastic or embossed cards, reports, legal documents, and more
- FAST AND EFFICIENT – No technical hurdles or complicated setups here; easily scan both sides of a document at the same time, in color or black-and-white, at up to 12 pages-per-minute, and with a 20 sheet automatic feeder
- BROAD COMPATIBILITY – Works with both Windows and Mac devices, be it laptop or computer
- BUILT-IN SOFTWARE – Use your scanner with ease as the powerful scanning software is already built-in, requires no installation, and updates automatically
- PREVIEW YOUR SCANS – Adjust and organize your scanned files as you edit, straighten, and trim your files or create buttons with custom scanning settings and destinations
- HIGH-QUALITY IMAGING – Leveraging the same technology used in Canon’s camera products, you’ll save great-looking output in color, black-and-white, or grayscale
- SUSTAINABLE DESIGN – Save energy and the environment with a scanner that meets ENERGY STAR guidelines
- This product is not intended for scanning photographs on photo paper / photographic media
- Receipt management software included — no subscription required (1).
- Increase productivity and minimize data entry errors — automatically extracts and categorizes key data from receipts.
- Easily exports data to third-party software — QuickBooks, Quicken, TurboTax, Excel CSV and more.
- Fastest, smallest and lightest in its class (2) — weighs under 11 oz; battery-powered.
- Wirelessly scan critical documents — to smartphones, tablets, The cloud, PC or Mac (4).
- Single-page scanning in as fast as 4 seconds (3) — Automatic feeding mode automatically accepts each new sheet as it’s inserted.
- Versatile scanning — for everyday receipts, invoices, documents, business and ID cards, and extra-long pages up to 8. 5" X 72".
- Store images and data where you choose — easily email or upload to storage services such as Dropbox, Evernote and Google Drive.
- Includes Nuance power PDF for windows and PDF converter for Mac — create, convert, edit and assemble searchable PDFs; annotate, highlight and redact.
- Save time with smart software — Automatic file naming and scan object recognition.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.