Choosing Best Portable Document Scanners for Business
With the popularity of technology among small businesses, then document management is a great tool in business – you interesting about Portable Document Scanners. Removing your paper documents in the online files give your necessary documents another level of security and provide you with the higher protection. If your business does not have one, this is better to move the physical documents to digital format to get better protection for your documents. Keeping your documents stay safe by removing them into the digital form was still considered as a best practice, but it still needs the right equipment or device. Document scanners have become one of the essential hardware components for good document management.
What is the document scanner?
The document scanner is the device or tool to change your documents into the digital information. This scanner will be used in a business setting to convert the crucial document into the digital data – which is easier to be accessed. The document scanner can be used in a small or big company. There are so many document scanners which allow this device is so useful for various businesses.
Portable Document Scanners
This type is usually smaller and cheaper rather than the desktop scanners. You will find the portable scanner in the lowest rate at $50 for the handheld model and close to $100 for those which are not too small enough to be handled as well. For the more expensive portable scanners, then you need to pay more around $300.
As the name implies, the portable scanner is so easy to bring. If you need to go out for the unexpectedly business meeting, then you can take out your portable scanner from your bag and save those documents digitally. The portable scanner will act as an alternative way to take out your smartphone and take some photos to save your documents. There are several types of portable scanners such as the foldable handheld and wireless scanners. Keep in mind that the quality of the scan is depending on what scanners that you use. The more expensive wireless model can make a picture gets a higher resolution rather than the handheld scanner model.
- Smaller size can be perfect for the small business
- It is cheaper rather than the desktop scanner
- It is very easy to bring anywhere
- It may not be ideal to scan large quantities of your documents
- The images or resolutions may be worse
- It is not the best option for a bigger business
- Fastest and lightest mobile single sheet fed document scanner in its class(1) small, portable scanner ideal for easy, on the go scanning
- Fast scans scans a single page in as fast as 5.5 seconds(2)
- Versatile paper handling scans documents up to 8.5 x 72 inches, as well as ID cards and receipts
- Smart tools to easily scan and organize documents Epson ScanSmart Software(3) makes it easy to scan, review and save
- USB powered connect to your computer; no batteries or external power supply required
- Includes Nuance OCR create searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel files
- Scan to the cloud(4) scan files directly to online storage accounts with the included software
- Compatible with Windows and Mac works with your existing system; TWAIN driver included
- Included TWAIN driver compatible with virtually any imaging software
- Automatic Feeding Mode combine multi page scans into one file; scanner automatically accepts each new sheet as it’s inserted
- Fast Scan Speeds up to 8ppm in color and black/white
- Compact and lightweight measures under 12 inches in length and weighs less than 1pounds
- USB Powered included; No wall outlet required. Operating Environment: Temperature- 41°F - 95°F (5°C - 35°C)
- The drivers and utilities on the CD ROM/ DVD ROM for Windows 8 or earlier bundled with your Brother machine are NOT compatible with Windows 10; All drivers and utilities on the CD ROM can be downloaded on Brother’s website
- Daily Duty Cycle (max. pages) 100. Media Weights Single Sheets (min/max) 16 28. Paper Size Single Sheet (max.) 8.5(W) x 32(L) Inches
- QUICK SCANNING: The Brother DS720D Mobile Color Page Scanner delivers lightning quick scanning at up to 8 ppm, and 5 ppm in duplex model (1)
- MULTIPLE MEDIA HANDLING: Easily scan photos, documents, receipts, business cards, ID cards, and more, up to 8.5 inches wide × 32 inches long
- COMPACT & LIGHTWEIGHT: The sleek new design measures 12inches in length and weighs less than 1 pound, making the DS 720D compact and effective
- PRECISION SCANNING: The Brother DS 720D mobile color page scanner produces black & white and color scans up at up to 600 × 600 dpi resolution. Operating Environment: Temperature: 41 degree Fahrenheit 95 degree Fahrenheit (5 degree Celsius 35 degree Celsius); Operating Environment: Humidity: 15 percent 85 percent
- BUNDLED VERSATILE SOFTWARE SUITE: The DS 720D includes desktop document management, OCR, and business card management.Media Weights: Single Sheets (min/max):16 28
- Scan Driver Compatibility TWAIN, SANE
- Fastest scan speeds in its class (1) — up to 25 ppm/50 ipm (2); Single-Step Technology captures both sides in one pass.
- Versatile scanning — scan 2-sided documents, receipts, business cards, plastic IDs and more.
- Convenient portability — use AC power, or if there’s no outlet, USB power (4) from your computer.
- Quick batch scanning for stacks of paper — 20-page Auto Document Feeder.
- Powerful software included — easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (3); preview, email, upload and more; automatic file naming and object recognition save time.
- Organize your paperwork in a breeze - create searchable, multi-page PDFs with the click of a button ; Scan to editable Word and Excel files
- Double sided color scanning with 10 page automatic document feeder (ADF). Scan receipts, business cards, extra long pages, and more
- Intelligent scan correction performs a quick quality check on your scans - features include auto color detection, auto rotation for upside down documents, and blank page removal
- Easy to use software with color, grayscale, and monochrome scan speeds of up to 12 double-sided pages per minute
- Scan your documents directly into the cloud to access them from anywhere - compatible with Dropbox, Google Drive, Evernote, and more.Paper Chute Capacity:Maximum 10 sheets (A4 size at 20 lb. or 80 g/m2)
- Get organized in a snap scan up to 35 ppm/70 ipm (1); Single Step Technology captures both sides in one pass
- Easily scan stacks of paper robust 50 page Auto Document Feeder; scan business/ID cards, receipts and more. Operating Systems Windows 7, 8/8.1, 10. Mac OS X 10.6.8 10.11.x
- Powerful software included easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (2); preview, email, upload and more; automatic file naming and object recognition save time
- Compatible with most software the included TWAIN driver allows for easy connection to most document management software; Standard Connectivity Super Speed USB 3.0, optional Network Interface Unit (RJ 45, 10BaseT/100BaseTX)
- Built in Nuance Optical Character Recognition (OCR) create searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel files. Maximum Resolution:1200 dpi interpolated
- Easy sharing and collaboration email or upload to popular cloud storage services(2) such as Dropbox, Evernote, Google Drive
- Intelligent color and image adjustments auto crop, blank page and background removal with Epson Image Processing Technology
- Reliable paper feeding system ultrasonic Double Feed Detection prevents missing pages; also features Dynamic Skew Correction
- Optional Network Interface Unit available(3) share the scanner across your network (unit sold separately)
- 【Go Paperless】Doxie Go SE delivers smart, simple scanning that you can take anywhere – no computer required. Doxie's everything you want modern scanning to be.
- 【Fast, Easy Scanning】Doxie makes it easy to scan documents at your desk or on the go – simply insert your paper. Scan full-color pages in just 8 seconds at up to 600 dpi.
- 【Tiny + Battery Powered】Doxie is tiny – the size of a rolled up magazine – and portable with a rechargeable battery and included memory. Scan up to 400 pages per charge, store up to 4,000 pages before needing to sync.
- 【Amazing Software and OCR】Included Doxie app syncs scans, sends directly to your favorite apps, and uses the award-winning ABBYY OCR technology to recognize the text in your document to create multi-page searchable PDFs.
- 【Satisfaction Guaranteed】Doxie Customer Care is always here to help you scan, organize, or just provide tips on the best ways to scan your paper. We guarantee you'll love your new Doxie as much as we loved building it, and back our products with a 1-year warranty and the best support in the scanner industry. Contact us anytime – [email protected]
- [Practical Software]The iCODIS document camera has a number of functions using the latest technologies, such as intelligent continuous shoot, Optical Character Recognition (OCR), SDK & TWAIN, automatic correction & filling the broken edge of the scanned pages, automatic image segmentation, automatically merging both sides of the scanned ID photo, and erasing the excess parts, etc.
- [Powerful Basic Functions]The iCODIS portable scanner has a lot of powerful basic functions, including a 8 megapixel camera, scanning all files within A3, and LED fill light.
- [A Multipurpose Scanner]The functions of video recording & real-time projecting make it suitable to work in various occasions, like making music scores or e-books, teaching, and meeting,etc. 【*Only supports Windows operating system(Win8 or above). *Not compatible with Mac OS.】
- [Excellent Design]The iCODIS document scanner is collapsible and portable, and the relatively heavy base makes the structure stable.
- [Easy to Use]As a carefully designed scanner, the iCODIS scanner is very easy for the users to install it and use related software.
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into digital formats (searchable PDF, JPG, and more) or scan directly to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, QuickBooks Online, Evernote, SharePoint, and more)
- Convenient and portable: Use anywhere, from home offices, classrooms, remote offices, and anywhere in between
- Handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, plastic or embossed cards, reports, long documents, and more
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 15 pages-per-minute, with a 20 sheet automatic feeder
- Broad compatibility: Supports Windows and Mac; TWAIN driver also included
- Bundled software: Powerful, yet easy-to-use scanning software, as well as a business card organizer and a document manager
- Backed by a one-year warranty and US-based technical support
- COMPACT DESIGN AND FAST SCAN SPEEDS HANDLE A VARIETY OF DOCUMENTS - Scan single and double-sided, documents in a single pass at up to 25 ppm1. Dedicated card slot to scan plastic cards, plus 20-page capacity auto document feeder for quick scanning.
- QUICK AND EASY SCANNING WITHOUT INSTALLING SOFTWARE - Mass Storage Device support via Scan to USB for file scanning and retrieval by opening the drive on a connected PC. Use your laptop to power the ADS-1200 when connected with a USB 3.0 cable6.
- EASY-TO-USE AND SAVES TIME - Scan documents to preset destinations like a connected PC or USB flash drive with the push of a button.
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE WAY YOU WORK - Supports multiple “Scan-to” destinations: File2, OCR2, Email and USB flash memory drive3 so you can optimize for your business process
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT - Enhance scans with automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through/background removal, text enhancement, color drop. Software suite5 includes document management and OCR software.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.