Choosing Best Portable Document Scanners for Business
With the popularity of technology among small businesses, then document management is a great tool in business – you interesting about Portable Document Scanners. Removing your paper documents in the online files give your necessary documents another level of security and provide you with the higher protection. If your business does not have one, this is better to move the physical documents to digital format to get better protection for your documents. Keeping your documents stay safe by removing them into the digital form was still considered as a best practice, but it still needs the right equipment or device. Document scanners have become one of the essential hardware components for good document management.
What is the document scanner?
The document scanner is the device or tool to change your documents into the digital information. This scanner will be used in a business setting to convert the crucial document into the digital data – which is easier to be accessed. The document scanner can be used in a small or big company. There are so many document scanners which allow this device is so useful for various businesses.
Portable Document Scanners
This type is usually smaller and cheaper rather than the desktop scanners. You will find the portable scanner in the lowest rate at $50 for the handheld model and close to $100 for those which are not too small enough to be handled as well. For the more expensive portable scanners, then you need to pay more around $300.
As the name implies, the portable scanner is so easy to bring. If you need to go out for the unexpectedly business meeting, then you can take out your portable scanner from your bag and save those documents digitally. The portable scanner will act as an alternative way to take out your smartphone and take some photos to save your documents. There are several types of portable scanners such as the foldable handheld and wireless scanners. Keep in mind that the quality of the scan is depending on what scanners that you use. The more expensive wireless model can make a picture gets a higher resolution rather than the handheld scanner model.
- Smaller size can be perfect for the small business
- It is cheaper rather than the desktop scanner
- It is very easy to bring anywhere
- It may not be ideal to scan large quantities of your documents
- The images or resolutions may be worse
- It is not the best option for a bigger business
- Fastest and lightest mobile single sheet fed document scanner in its class(1) small, portable scanner ideal for easy, on the go scanning
- Fast scans a single page in as fast as 5.5 seconds(2)
- Versatile paper handling scans documents upto 8.5 x 72 inches, as well as ID cards and receipts
- Smart tools to easily scan and organize documents Epson ScanSmart Software(3) makes it easy to scan, review and save
- USB powered connect to your computer; No batteries or external power supply required
- Includes Nuance OCR create searchable PDFs and editable Word and Excel files
- Scan to the cloud(4) scan files directly to online storage accounts with the included software
- Compatible with Windows and Mac works with your existing system; Twain driver included
- Included Twain driver compatible with virtually any imaging software
- Automatic feeding mode combine multi page scans into one file; Scanner automatically accepts each new sheet as it’s inserted
- FAST SPEEDS - Scans color and black and white documents a blazing speed up to 16ppm (1). Color scanning won’t slow you down as the color scan speed is the same as the black and white scan speed.
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length and only about 1. 5lbs in weight you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag, a purse, even a pocket).
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS-640 mobile scanner is powered via an included micro USB 3. 0 cable allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available. Plug it into you PC or laptop and you are ready to scan.
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan-to” destinations like PC, Network, cloud services, Email and OCR. (2) Supports Windows, Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers. (3)
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through prevention/background removal, text enhancement, color drop to enhance scans. Software suite includes document management and OCR software. (2)
- FAST SPEED AND DUPLEX SCANNING – Scan single and double-sided documents in a single pass at up to 16 ppm(1) Color scanning doesn’t slow you down at all as it has the same scan speed as black and white document scanning
- ULTRA COMPACT – At less than 1 foot in length you can fit this device virtually anywhere (a bag a purse a pocket) The DSD (Desk Saving Design) feature reduces the amount of space needed to use the device saving you 11 inches of desk space (2)
- READY WHENEVER YOU ARE – The DS-740D is powered via an included micro USB 3 0 cable allowing you to use it even where there is no outlet available Plug it into you PC or laptop and you are ready to scan
- WORKS YOUR WAY – Use the Brother free iPrint&Scan desktop app for scanning to multiple “Scan-to” destinations like PC Network cloud services Email and OCR (2) Supports Windows Mac and Linux and TWAIN/WIA for PC/ICA for Mac/SANE drivers (3)
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT – Automatic color detection/adjustment image rotation (PC only) bleed through prevention/background removal text enhancement color drop to enhance scans Software suite includes document management and OCR software (4)
- Fastest scan speeds in its class (1) — up to 25 ppm/50 ipm (2); Single-Step Technology captures both sides in one pass.
- Versatile scanning — scan 2-sided documents, receipts, business cards, plastic IDs and more.
- Convenient portability — use AC power, or if there’s no outlet, USB power (4) from your computer.
- Quick batch scanning for stacks of paper — 20-page Auto Document Feeder.
- Powerful software included — easy scanning with intuitive Epson ScanSmart Software (3); preview, email, upload and more; automatic file naming and object recognition save time.
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into digital formats (searchable PDF, JPG, and more) or scan directly to the cloud (Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive, Box, QuickBooks Online, Evernote, SharePoint, and more)
- Convenient and portable: Use anywhere, from home offices, classrooms, remote offices, and anywhere in between
- Handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, plastic or embossed cards, reports, long documents, and more
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 15 pages-per-minute, with a 20 sheet automatic feeder
- Broad compatibility: Supports Windows and Mac; TWAIN driver also included
- Bundled software: Powerful, yet easy-to-use scanning software, as well as a business card organizer and a document manager
- Backed by a one-year warranty and US-based technical support
- Broad compatibility: Supports Windows and Mac (MAC OS 10. 13, 10. 14, and 10. 15 with the latest Canon driver and Canon CaptureOnTouch software); TWAIN driver also included
- 【Go Paperless】Doxie Go SE delivers smart, simple scanning that you can take anywhere – no computer required. Doxie's everything you want modern scanning to be.
- 【Fast, Easy Scanning】Doxie makes it easy to scan documents at your desk or on the go – simply insert your paper. Scan full-color pages in just 8 seconds at up to 600 dpi.
- 【Tiny + Battery Powered】Doxie is tiny – the size of a rolled up magazine – and portable with a rechargeable battery and included memory. Scan up to 400 pages per charge, store up to 4,000 pages before needing to sync.
- 【Amazing Software and OCR】Included Doxie app syncs scans, sends directly to your favorite apps, and uses the award-winning ABBYY OCR technology to recognize the text in your document to create multi-page searchable PDFs.
- 【Satisfaction Guaranteed】Doxie Customer Care is always here to help you scan, organize, or just provide tips on the best ways to scan your paper. We guarantee you'll love your new Doxie as much as we loved building it, and back our products with a 1-year warranty and the best support in the scanner industry. Contact us anytime – [email protected]
- CONVERT YOUR OLD PHOTOS INTO DIGITAL FILES - Scan documents and photos in color or black and white as PDF or JPEG files
- ARCHIVE AND ORGANIZE YOUR SCANS - Connect your scanner to a computer (Windows or Mac OS) using the included USB cable and a microSD card up to 32GB (SD card required, NOT included) to view and transfer your files
- COMPACT AND PORTABLE - Slide your scanner into the drawstring pouch, which slips conveniently into a purse or briefcase so you can scan important documents and photos on-the-go when no copier is available
- INCLUDES BONUS OCR SOFTWARE - Optical Character Recognition software allows you to convert saved documents into text editable and searchable files compatible with popular word processing and spreadsheet software (software is Windows only; not compatible with Mac OS)
- SCANNING SPECS - Plug-and-play device scans documents 8.27 inches wide and up to 98 inches long in as little as 3 seconds, with resolution choices of 300DPI, 600DPI, or 900DPI
- Stay organized: Easily convert your paper documents into searchable digital formats
- Reliably handles many different document types: Receipts, photos, business cards, reports, contracts, long documents, thick or thin documents, and more
- Fast and efficient: Scans both sides of a document at the same time, in color, at up to 40 pages per minute, with a 60 sheet automatic feeder, and one touch operation
- Broad compatibility: Windows and Mac TWAIN driver included
- Easy Setup: Simply connect to your computer using the supplied USB cable
- Bundled software: Includes easy-to-use Canon CaptureOnTouch scanning software (Win and Mac) plus free licenses for Readiris PDF and OCR software and Cardiris business card software (Win)
- Backed by a one-year and US-based technical support
- Design & Speed: Designed for A4 document, any objects smaller than A4 size can be scanned with Ultra-fast scanning speed, less than 1 second per page
- Powerful OCR Function: Able to scan 100+ languages and convert to JPG, PDF, Searchable PDF, Word, Excel and TIFF powered by ABBYY
- High Resolution & AI Tech: CMOS 500 MP (2593*1944, 210 DPI) camera. Smart Paging and Auto Cropping, Combine Sides, Stamp Mode, and Multiple Color Modes
- Affordable & Portable: 90 degree foldable and lightweight 4 lbs with foot pedal for convenient operation.
- Max scan size A4, perfect device to scan FLAT materials. 1-year warranty is included
- COMPACT DESIGN AND FAST SCAN SPEEDS HANDLE A VARIETY OF DOCUMENTS - Scan single and double-sided, documents in a single pass at up to 25 ppm1. Dedicated card slot to scan plastic cards, plus 20-page capacity auto document feeder for quick scanning.
- QUICK AND EASY SCANNING WITHOUT INSTALLING SOFTWARE - Mass Storage Device support via Scan to USB for file scanning and retrieval by opening the drive on a connected PC. Use your laptop to power the ADS-1200 when connected with a USB 3.0 cable6.
- EASY-TO-USE AND SAVES TIME - Scan documents to preset destinations like a connected PC or USB flash drive with the push of a button.
- COMPATIBLE WITH THE WAY YOU WORK - Supports multiple “Scan-to” destinations: File2, OCR2, Email and USB flash memory drive3 so you can optimize for your business process
- OPTIMIZE IMAGES AND TEXT - Enhance scans with automatic color detection/adjustment, image rotation (PC only), bleed through/background removal, text enhancement, color drop. Software suite5 includes document management and OCR software.
We hope you love the products we recommend! Prices are accurate and items in stock as of time of publication. Just so you know, Fiveid may collect a share of sales or other compensation from the links on this page.