Chef knife must be a crucial investment for people who want to make sure that they can prepare the best food in the kitchen. Cooking is not only about combining test because it will also be about the preparation including cutting. People need to cut a lot when cooking and it is necessary for making perfect cut for serving the best food. Knife can be the life of the chef after all so people really need to find the best option. Here are some steps which must be followed for finding a perfect knife for cooking companion.
Where to Find
People might dream about the best knife for chef but they need to make sure that they know about the place for finding the best option of knife for chef. It means that people have to go to the cookware or cutlery store. It is better to go to the store directly instead of buying the knife online after all. To find the perfect knife match, people need to hold it directly. Visiting the right store will make the possible to do this to various knife samples available. People must keep in their mind that they really need to feel the knife and talk to someone professional who can guide them to find the best knife. It is better if people can be open-minded about the knife for finding one which can be suitable to the budget.
Direct test is necessary for finding the perfect match of knife. Holding and feeling the knife will not be enough until people can test it right way. However, they need to make sure that they do the right test with the knife as well because there can be various options which must be selected. If it is possible, people should try their favorite choices of knife for mincing parsley, dicing onion, slicing winter squash, cutting carrot into strips thinly, and carving melon. Those are the necessary test steps needed for ensuring that the knife can really work well for them.
Factors to Consider
It must be super easy to find the knife which can work perfectly for those tasks because it is really designed for those purposes after all. However, people have to work with heart and feeling in the kitchen. They need the knife which can help them deliver the feeling properly when they are working in the kitchen. That is why people have to work with sense when choosing the knife which can be perfectly fit for their cooking activity. When people hold the knife in their hand, they have to make sure that it can feel comfortable. They should feel that it is like natural extension of their hand. If they do not feel right, they should eliminate it from the list. If they get the right feeling with the knife, they should start with the chopping test. The right feeling when holding a knife can be determined by considering some factors after all. The knife weight is the first factor to consider because people can have different ideal weight for the knife to feel comfortable with. They will find different feeling when using heavier or lighter knife. That is why they should choose cutting style which is suitable with their personality. The knife should also have perfect balance in their hand. It can be determined when people grip it by the handle. They should not choose the knife which does not feel comfortable and balance. In fact, they have to work harder with the knife without good balance. The size of the knife will also be considered for feeling comfortable and useful for certain task when choosing chef knife.
- High-carbon stainless steel blade-It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon
- Multi-functional knife-It is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 58-60 which makes it among the tough knives in its class
- Ergonomic pakka handle- To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability
- 8-inch multipurpose chef's knife designed for chopping, mincing, slicing, and dicing
- High-carbon stainless steel blade provides maximum sharpness and edge retention.Handle material : Thermoplastic elastomers (TPE)
- Cook's illustrated winner the best and a bargain 8" chef's knife item number 47520 (Consumer packaging number), 40520(Commercial Bulk Number), or 45520(Amazon Frustration-Free Packaging) are the same knife with swiss item #5.2063.20 printed on the blade.
- BE THE ENVY OF YOUR NEIGHBORS - You Can be Sure of Driving Your Neighbors and Guests Jealous with Your Visually Astonishing, Stunningly Designed, Peak Performing 8" Chef Knife. This Work of Art is an Absolute Must for Your Kitchen. Made from the Absolute Best Materials Available. Together with it's Premium Case, Protective Sheath, Polishing Cloth and Chef's booklet this is Truly a Collector's Edition!. Nobody else in the market provides more Value to YOU than us.
- EXTRAORDINARY CUTTING PERFORMANCE - This 8 Inch Knife Features an Ultra Sharp 4116 ThyssenKrupp German Steel Blade at 55 Rockwell Hardness Producing Extraordinary Cutting Performance and Edge Retention. The Edge is also Hand Sharpened to 16-18° per side to maintain the Perfect Balance between Blade Sharpness and Toughness.
- EXTREMELY VERSATILE - This Chef Knife is Extremely Versatile and will become your new go-to Knife. It has been especially designed for Cutting, Dicing, Slicing, Chopping & Mincing. Effortlessly Cuts Meat, Fish, Fruits, Vegetables and much more. Incredible Quality and Design, High-end Materials, Perfect Balance and a Razor-Sharp Edge make this Knife the Holy Grail of Chef's Knives.
- Stainless Steel Blade: Manufactured with Japanese High Carbon Stainless Steel which contains 0.6-0.75 carbon, and it's two times harder than other knives as contains about 3% carbon, maintains its functionality for long time.
- Ultra-sharp Edge: This 8 inch chef knife is made with razor sharp, laser-tested, tapered knife edge. Slice your meat and vegetables as thin as you like. It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones too.
- Ergonomic Handle: Ergonomically Designed Rounded Handles provides a safe and comfortable grip, minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches, all comfort and maneuverability from the Luxury premium black pakkawood.
- [HIGH QUALITY MATERIALS] The knife is made from high carbon stainless steel; it stays sharp long before it needs sharpening; it's packaged in a beautiful, frustration-free gift box, making this a well-deserved gift to yourself or to your favorite home chef
- [ERGONOMIC HANDLE] The strong Pakka handle construction gives you a durable knife, without being concerned about the handle splitting; the grip is well designed and easy to use, so you don't need to worry about cutting your fingers; the ergonomic handle design is comfortable, whether you are a left handed or a right handed cook, so you won't develop hand or finger fatigue, even after prolonged use
- [MULTIFUNCTION WITH PRECISION CONTROL] Confidently cook like a gourmet chef with this knife, which is well balanced and has a comfortable weight, giving you effortless directional control over your cutting, chopping, slicing, dicing, filleting, or carving of meat, vegetables, fruit, bread, or cheese